1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Interesting Day

Discussion in 'General' started by Newsshooter, Jul 17, 2014.

1. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

Went to the Police Dept to photograph a swearing in ceremony for a new officer this afternoon, as I'm leaving I find out about a bank robbery, then I hear they took 3 hostages and a vehicle.

It ended up being nearly an hour long pursuit with one of the three suspects continually shooting at the cops with an AK out the back window, hundreds of rounds fired. At least 14 cars were shot. I could hear the rounds impacting the cars over the scanner. Got lucky and was able to position myself to get a photo of the car as it passed by me shortly before they stopped it. They may have also had rounds sent my way as they passed. There was a helicopter following and the cars were about a block away as the rounds passed me, me or the cops but I was a lot closer at that point.

They had dumped two of the female hostages at that point, but one was still in the car has it passed by me, one lane away. Two minutes later the car was stopped, one suspect survived, two suspects and the hostage who was a bank customer died. When I finally got home this evening I gave my wife a big hug.

Here a link to some of the pics
    http://www.recordnet.com/apps/pbcs....=716009999&Ref=PH&Presentation=desktop#img-12

2. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

I watched a video of the incident. Apparently the perps shot one of the hostages, while in the car and dumped her out. Very f'n sad.

3. Newsshooter

They shot one hostage and dumped her early in the pursuit, the second had a grazing wound, she was dumped/jumped just a few minutes before the end. Police didn't fire until near the end even though they had hundreds of round sent their way. The last hostage was in the passenger seat behind the driver. It was a crazy pursuit.

4. KrooklynSV

KrooklynSV Usual Suspect

Saw this on the news tonight. Some fucked up shit going down in Stockton. Somebody watched Heat one too many times.

5. BigBird

BigBird blah

that had to be a crazy experience

RIP to the innocent bank customer

6. Aweasel

Aweasel Well-Known Member

yea...saw the pics, that SUV is riddled with bullets. did the police shoot the hostage in the car??
    http://www.kcra.com/news/local-news...at-police-while-being-chased/26986988#!bgZgTf

7. Newsshooter

8. Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

Man, an AK is nothing to mess around with either. Don't get me wrong I'd be pissing my pants being at the end of any gun but just something about seeing what a full auto AK does scares the shit out of me.

9. Holy shit, you are rather brave.

10. Newsshooter

Or stupid, i race motorcycles too ;)

I missed the shot of the guy hanging out the back with the AK