1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

installing mc lite laptimer???

Discussion in 'General' started by 1slowguy, Aug 16, 2001.

1. 1slowguy

1slowguy Well-Known Member

what is the best way to install the timer. It talks about velcro.. but will that hold? I was thinking about safety wiring the two little clips as well. Wanted to get some ideas before I do anything. Thanks

2. rwball111

rwball111 Well-Known Member

Just velcro it. I've been down a couple of times and the timer didn't come off. Alot of other parts did but not the timer.

3. Comet117

Comet117 Well-Known Member

I just velcro'ed mine last night. They weigh so little I don't think that without direct contact they could come loose, no mass = no momentum.

What 2 little clips are you talking about? I think what you are asking about is for the source box power from an external battery, not for on the bike. The display & sensor are permanently connected to each other(and run on two watch batteries inside the display unit).

4. joey-95v

joey-95v Registered

use velcro at least for the receiver. that way if you need to have it face out the other side of the bike it isn't a project to move.

5. 1slowguy

1slowguy Well-Known Member

I was talking about the two extended pieces of plastic on the top and bottom of display.
    Thanks all for the ideas.. Time to make a Wal Mart run. Im glad that just the velcro will work. saves lots of time. THANKS again everyone.