1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ink Master on Spike

Discussion in 'General' started by Murcielago311, Jan 18, 2012.

1. Murcielago311

Murcielago311 Well-Known Member

I wonder if the show artists had to finish their cover-ups after the time ran out? I don't know how they find volunteers to get a TIMED tattoo.

Felt bad for Jeremy, the one whose customer screamed and cried and left mid-tattoo. What he had finished looked good.

2. benfer

benfer steadily going faster

I didn't happen to catch the show, but the whole premise of it sounded rediculous.

3. Murcielago311

Oh it was! But everything on TV is really.

Usually only watch Always Sunny, Archer, and Workaholics but happened to catch this last night.

4. Flex Axlerod

Flex Axlerod Banned

Hated tattoos my whole 42 years, hit ML crises couple of weeks ago, meeting Ami James tomorrow night. What this has to do with this thread? Nothing.

5. Racer45

Racer45 old guy just tryin'

I have no idea how they get some of those done? Have to be multiple seatings. That's a long time to take that much pain

6. Murcielago311

His Japanese style stuff looks awesome.

7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I had a buddy who estimated he had about 50 hours and "way beyond $3000" tied up in his back piece.

Looked cool though.

8. Racer45

Would love a coy on my other arm from him. Awesome work

Actually not bad price wise. I've sat for 6 hours and it sucked ass. I just sat for 3 hours on the inside of my arm a month ago and that was horrible. Still more to get done to finish up the half sleeve

9. Murcielago311

I only have 2. Both on my ribs. I guess I didn't learn the first time.

10. TrackStar

TrackStar www.trackstar1.com

Did 5 hours on my inside forearm last week. First hour sucks... middle 3 are fine... last hour is agony.

11. Murcielago311

Oh ya! Once you have a fairly large surface area of basically open wound, and they start wipin' an alcohol cloth over it... There's gonna be some teeth grittin'.

12. backbone

backbone scarred for life

Chris, Chris Trevino in Austin is MUCH better.

13. CPav

CPav Active Member

Them paper towels may as well be made of 80 grit sandpaper.

14. Racer45

only 80? I'd go 25:Puke:

15. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I've sat 8 hours. Not a big deal unless you're a pussy. What sucks is multiple sittings waiting for outline to heal before shading. Tends to be more sensitive. I like to knock it out as long as the artist can hang.

16. Racer45

Better than me. 6 was enough for me. Just over 3 on the inside of my arm felt like 6.

17. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Best part is when they are hammering on your collarbone it goes right through your head. I confess that the armpit hurt, nerve junction. Yow!

18. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

Post 'em up then, tough guys. I sat for 4 on my upper arm, it was not too terrible. (Hate the tattoo though. Youth...) Upper back was pretty bad.

19. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

I just laughed when I saw the previews. Mostly out of embarrassment of the quality of Americas TV programming.

20. CPav

CPav Active Member

I remember getting my collarbone area done and feeling it in my teeth. :D