1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

IndyCar

Discussion in 'General' started by Razr, Sep 4, 2018.

1. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

The increased interest in Indy has some teams thinking they can't handle another four to five Indy cars in the field. To include Road America. With a pit lane than can handle 50+ cars. I guess these yahoos never saw Road Atlanta during Petite LeMans that has cars taking up nearly every square foot of track space.......

https://www.autosport.com/indycar/news/138661/indycar-set-for-28car-2019-entries

Razr likes this.
  2. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Last race of the year is on, Dixon looks to be in good shape. If he wins, it will be his 5th IndyCar Championship.

They showed a video of Robert Wickens talking about his rehab, says he will be back.

Canadian Bacon likes this.
  3. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

That Wickens video was rough. I had a feeling he was much worse than they reported.

Too bad Rossi got a bit antsy at the start. I'll give him credit...he's not quitting.

4. tiggen

tiggen Things are lookin' up.

I don't often agree with you, but ^ is truth!

5. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

I didn't watch his video but it's never good to say that there was a spinal cord injury and that it could take months to fully diagnose the full extent of that injury. Alex Zanardi didn't give up when he lost his legs in that accident and got back into a race car. So if he works as hard as he did to become a successful racer, there's no telling what he will be able to accomplish. I hope he's able to accomplish what he wants to in the coming months.

rd400racer likes this.
  6. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

7. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

There's a new movie about Scott Dixon, it's called Born Racer. His wife claimed it took years for the movie people to convince him to do this film....very humble guy.

8. chickenpants

chickenpants Well-Known Member

Watch for the new kid O’Ward, 19 years old. First weekend in an Indy Car and qualified fifth, finished ninth.

9. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Wickens update.....he was riding a stationary bicycle last week, it was powered but he was helping. He has lost a lot of weight. He claims he will be back in a race car, he is extremely determined.

scottn, rd400racer and TLR67 like this.
  10. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

He announced today that he’s paralyzed from the waist down. Sad news for sure since there’s no way to know if it’s permanent or not with these types of injuries. He’s lucky to be alive after that crash.

11. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Yea I heard that the other day. His doctors and therapist did say he has more determination that anyone they've ever met, hopefully we will see him in a race car soon. He was in play for a move to Penske after next season, Penske is considering letting Pagenaud go.

12. tiggen

tiggen Things are lookin' up.

This is sad news. Dude was on a rocket ship from the first race of this season. I enjoyed watching him race; just wish it could have been for longer. I saw the accident as it happened; guess it ultimately was as bad as it looked.:(

13. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

14. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I read in here on the F1 thread that Alonso isn't coming over any longer? Anyone know what happened and what he is doing?

15. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

He is planning to race in the World Endurance Championship in 2019, maybe the Indy 500. Honda WILL not provide an engine for him, so he might have to find a Chevy team. Michael Andretti is considering a move to Chevy, or starting another team with Chevy, but keeping his Honda team (I don't see that happening)
    George Steinbrenner's son is also considering starting a team, and Alonso has been rumored as a possible driver.
    There's a recent rumor he may stay in F1.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  16. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Mari Hulman George passed away today at 83. She was the chairman of the board at IMS until 2016. He father (Tony) was the one that brought the Speedway back from ruins after WWll.

17. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I had already decided to make an effort to follow Indycar next season. The races I caught this year were great! I've been listening to the Marshall Pruett Podcast to get familiar with the participants.

18. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Alonso and McLaren are teaming up for the 2019 Indy 500. I know Honda said "no way" would they ever let him race one of their engines. So is McLaren using Chevy power? The news said a choice of power unit will be announced soon.

Yzasserina likes this.
  19. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

A couple IMS officials are on their way to Australia to talk about racing at Surfers Paradise. Will Power recently inspected the track, and even though they shortened it, he says an IndyCar would easily race there.

Robert Wickens threw away his back brace in a recent interview, says he no longer needs it. He says his spinal cord was bruised, not severed. He's hoping to walk within two years.

20. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

zertrider likes this.