1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Indy Peeps: What’s going on with Ducati Indy?

Discussion in 'General' started by ttt637, Jan 5, 2021.

1. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

CaRrMoTo

CarrMoto likes this.
  2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

DucIndyCarr....

3. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

CARDUCIN

03RumbleBee and grasshopper like this.
  4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Nice! Like a turducken but different :D

5. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Ya'll been drinkin' this morning?

:D

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Nah, couldn't be this creative :D

7. Paddy O

Paddy O Well-Known Member

Will Carr Moto still be putting on track days at Putnam Park? For that matter will Rahal be running track days? IMS maybe?

8. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

Unless someone had Bernie E money, I don't see Penske ever opening up the doors for a trackday.

Matt and Bill always ran good trackdays at Putnam when I attended them. Lots of good times and a great crowd.

Like anyone else, Rahal would have to get a date. Putnam doesn't have any issues filling their schedule.

9. CarrMoto

CarrMoto Well-Known Member

Dad just put his foot down and said its CarrMoto if you want to change it again or not thats ok.
    When we were the duc dealer it was Ducati Indianapolis, IndyDucati, Ducati Of Indianapolis , Ducati Indy, Carrmoto, CarrMoto, CM, Carr Moto, and probably 3 others.
    So now Im sure its Carrmoto, CarrMoto or any other thing that gets the point across. Lets just call it a publicity stunt or dissociative identity disorder and/or an obvious sign that we are insane, which is why we are in the motorcycle business. haha

Sorry if I dont get back on all the messages and PMs I have to log on to 47million websites a day just to get 12 hours of work in and I'm wrenching full time again.

BigBird and scottn like this.
  10. CarrMoto

It is def possible. We hit a snag last year but we are talking about it again.

beac83 likes this.
  11. CarrMoto

Thanks!
    Dad and I couldn't have done it without each other no matter what I said when I got mad. LOL
    We never found an equal replacement for him because it is just really really rare to find someone like him.

BigBird and Razr like this.
  12. CarrMoto

That was an incredible year! To finish first you must first finish and your highside from the Dunlop explosion was crazy!

kangasj likes this.
  13. CarrMoto

Thanks Mongo! I just need to get back to the track hope I can figure it out. I want to get points again to hit MA SSTK1000

03RumbleBee likes this.
  14. HPPT

HPPT !!!

You might want to change your registered email account here too, unless you haven't changed your business email.

BigBird likes this.
  15. doppio

doppio Well-Known Member

A few years ago I saw a Graham Rahal post where he was hawking a Ducati Supersport 1000DS as a "rare race bike" that didn't fit with his collection or something. It was just one of the Supersport 1000DS that Ducati sold without the headlights and still had all the other stock components and street stuff. He just struck me as an unknowledgeable rich dude from a rich, famous dad.

I do wonder how long they'll last - probably as long as Ducati continues to hump their leg before they move on to another shiny new toy.

16. A. Barrister

A. Barrister Well-Known Member

It will last until it isn't beneficial to one or the other. Sort of like the relationship a rich, famous dad may have had with a sugar baby that needed help on the way up, or a rich famous quarterback had with a sugar baby that is now on the way down.

17. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

What Matt and Bill brought to the table, or what separated them from other Ducati dealers, was that they treated everyone the same. They didn’t become snobby or too good to take anyone’s money despite being a premium brand. To me, that’s what led them to be successful when dealers of Japanese bikes closed their doors in the Indy market.

Will Rahal be successful? Possibly... But like anyone else, he deserves a shot. Just as CarrMoto deserves a shot at success in their next endeavor.

All I can add is that losing another brand in Indy would be bad for everyone. I hope both are successful.

RRP and Phl218 like this.
  18. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

I wish more dealers understood that. The local dealer (now dead) would quote jobs at 3-4x the prices that Ducati NA publishes for regular 7.5/15k mi services.

19. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

I've heard David Letterman is involved. To buy a new Duc, you will have to supply an attractive young female for him to rape, so he can relive the days when he was working for CBS.

20. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

What the fuck?

Way to gum up a thread with your stupid bullshit.