1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Indy Peeps: What’s going on with Ducati Indy?

Discussion in 'General' started by ttt637, Jan 5, 2021.

1. ttt637

ttt637 Well-Known Member

I see that Graham Rahal just announced a new Ducati shop in Brownsburg, less than 10 miles from the Carr’s Ducati Indianapolis shop.

Did they get bought out or was it a forced out situation. Bill and Matt were both great guys and can both corner low. Anyone know was this good or bad for them

2. ttt637

ttt637 Well-Known Member

Rahal Letterman Lanigan racing announced a few months ago that they are consolidating the Columbus Ohio and Brownsburg shops into a huge facility in Zionsville, which is right down the street from the Carr’s shop too.

3. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

So what you’re saying is there are plenty of Ducati dealerships in Indy?

4. ttt637

ttt637 Well-Known Member

Yes, but they are less than 10 miles apart. There has to be a story there. I just hope our fellow WERA’ family did not get the shaft

BigBird and Quicktoy like this.
  5. RossK6

RossK6 Grid Filler

Ducati is the new Starbuck's?

TLR67, BigBird and rice r0cket like this.
  6. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

A friend just said everything seemed to be fine there about a month ago, and Matt said business was good. Their website says normal business hours starting Jan 5th (today)

7. ttt637

ttt637 Well-Known Member

There is something going on. Just hope it’s not bad for them. With the money Graham has it can’t be good

Last edited: Jan 5, 2021
  8. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

I don't know if the Indy area can support two Ducati dealers.

9. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

I just shot Matt a message and asked him if he cared to chime in here...

CarrMoto likes this.
  10. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

This went on for YEARS with Ducati Miami and Ducati Fort Lauderdale. They both managed to stay in business, because one gave better deals on bikes and had lots of gear and swag to sell to tourists, but they were completely inept at any type of service work.

The other had no swag or gear on the racks, sold bikes by default (back then production wasn't what it was today), and was great at service and had lots of parts stocked.

11. ttt637

ttt637 Well-Known Member

I would have rather seen Graham become a investor and help them grow. Ducati Indy is small but that’s one of the better things. The customer service and overall atmosphere was great. Bill and Matt are both great people and it was a true family shop with Mom and Sis in there slot too.

beac83 likes this.
  12. CarrMoto

CarrMoto Well-Known Member

Hey Everybody, Dad and I actually terminated with Ducati at the end of the year. We are just a smaller shop now and I still have all the tools and diagnostic tools for Ducatis and other motorcycles. We are still setup with all the normal suppliers and we can still get Ducati parts and accessories as well but we are not a certified dealer. We are definitely rebuilding under the Carrmoto banner but this is a great thing! I knew I wanted to be independent as early as 2009 but Dad really had a great time and was doing well so we just kept on chuggin with Ducati. We are still closing up the books with Ducati so I can't say much more and I probably never will, its just time to move on and get to the open road and track more. Thanks for the compliments on the shop, everybody.
    Also, the website and signage will all be changed/phased out over the next few weeks. Of course, I blame Covid for the delays. Its always Covid. lol

13. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Good luck down the road. You're a good guy for looking out for your Dad.

YamahaRick and Boman Forklift like this.
  14. renegade17

renegade17 Well-Known Member

Just bring Tommy back and there wont be any issues capeesh?

15. BigBird

BigBird blah

Good Luck on the new endeavors. maybe even ask the mods for a name change...they may grant you one...due to covid

16. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Good luck Matt, You guys run a really fantastic shop. Not going to change the way I do things at all.

Rising Sun and YamahaRick like this.
  17. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Oh. Yeah. That always works out well...

(@INDYDUCATI, ask @Mongo, the other two will call you desmodipshit or something. :D)

Sabre699 and BigBird like this.
  18. ttt637

ttt637 Well-Known Member

Man I sure hope you "sold" the franchise. I know you had a big investment in it. But Matt on a R1, that would be nice to see and a force

kangasj likes this.
  19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:crackup: Fixed the name but now he won't be able to login without looking in here first :D

20. CarrMoto

CarrMoto Well-Known Member

Thanks Mongo! Hope to see you more this year! I'll be renewing my license this month.

Rising Sun and awalk9905 like this.