1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Indy MotoGP - VIP-type Tickets...where to get 'em?

Discussion in 'General' started by worthless, Jun 5, 2012.

1. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

Not sure what level of tickets are needed, or if you need to have some specific package, for paddock access, but, interested in hearing options that anyone knows about. I believe sometimes groups buy blocks of these types of tickets and if anyone knows of any availability, would be interested to hear about it.
    Thanks!

2. Rising

Rising Well-Known Member

Last year you could buy VIP packages through the track. They had a couple different levels. I think they started at like $450, give or take.

3. antirich

antirich Well-Known Member

Don't bother with the VIP boxes at the very top of the front grandstands. Did that a few years back, and wasn't worth it, even at $300. PITA to get to, way too high up, and no video outside or across the track.

No one was a real fan, seemed like they were there for a free ticket :-(

Food also sucked ass, but I believe each one has its own catering. They're privately leased.

Pagoda tower is suppose to be best from what I've heard. Track has several options all over the place. Fence along pit out was the best infield place to watch, and free too!

4. caferace

caferace No.

5. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

6. I did Corner 9 Club a few years ago, and it was awesome, except for the group of drunken British wankers that made a total nuisance of themselves. Highly recommended, as long as the drunken Brits aren't there.

7. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Drunken Brits?:eek: frankly I'm shocked:rolleyes:

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Should have had more to drink and joined in :D

9. You were buying in the paddock, not in the Corner 9 Club :beer:

10. caferace

caferace No.

I did in 2008. It rocked. Granted, we all got kicked out and consolidated into more solid structures when the hurricane hit Sunday afternoon and nearly knocked the giant tent down. But up until then it was very handy.

-jim

11. caferace

caferace No.

BTW, I remember that the extra $ for the T9 reserved seat was not really worth it for me. Too much to see and do, the place is SO big with so much to see and places to watch and with a paddock pass you'll not want to sit for long anyway.

The Indy GP is probably one of the most "open" paddocks on the GP circuit.

Unless you're Cannoli. :D

-jim

12. g maloney

g maloney Well-Known Member

Pole position travel also has a few good packages - (a sponsor of the gptech team) tell them we sent you and there may be some discounts too

13. r6racer75

r6racer75 Well-Known Member

I did turn 9 the first year. Took my Dad. It was a great time. Hospitality service was incredible. Bought the tickets right from the track. We had access to everywhere. Better than the VIP tick at Laguna. I met more racers just walking the pits-Edwards, Hopkins, Capirossi, Rossi...I met Nicky on crutches cutting through the museum.

14. slower than u

slower than u Well-Known Member

Ive done the turn nine thing every year they have been there . Great experince , they really go out of the way to be great hosts . I can highly reccomend it and endorse it as I will be there again this year. One tip , on the first day , tip the bartenders very well and they will take espically good care of you -
    :beer: