1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Indy 500 Official Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by Yzasserina, Aug 12, 2020.

1. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Practice starts in a couple of hours so I have that long to figure out how to get NBC Sports Gold. You would think they would make it easy to take your money.

Shenanigans likes this.
  2. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Here I thought you’d proclaim that you had Alonso winning it :beer:

3. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Give me a minute, I have to sign up first! And yes, that is why I'm watching. :p:cool:

fastedyamaha likes this.
  4. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

I'm um, signed up. Not exactly sure how, I had NBC Sports whatever already from the Olympics? I put in a new password and maybe I'll be billed for the $39.99 Indy package. No go on cable, so I'll be watching practice on my Kindle.

5. BigBird

BigBird blah

Those tires are noisy, I would go with Michelins

6. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Attention in the paddock, Alo fixing to be on track. :)

pscook likes this.
  7. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    :D

Sabre699 likes this.
  8. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

Marty Roth FTW!!!

9. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Actually it is kind of boring. This is nothing like F1 practice. Those guys chitter chatter in depth the whole time about the teams and riders and whatnot. And they are good. I don't know why we've been following this Askew guy.

10. joec

joec brace yourself

It's haddock! Attention in the haddock!

Johnny B likes this.
  11. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Yea it is boring when they're just starting, but after a while they'll start racing in groups, figuring out the air, it gets better.

Yzasserina likes this.
  12. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

In more important news, AFT is racing at the Indy Mile, and so are Silver Crown Champ Dirt cars.

stk0308 likes this.
  13. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Yes, the Fairgrounds were going to replace the dirt with an all weather surface of crushed limestone, AFT said they won't be back, but the pandemic halted the track resurfacing. Friday night at Lucas Oil Raceway has the Dave Steele Carb Day Classic Silver Crown cars. I prefer the Mile.

backcountryme likes this.
  14. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Much more entertaining today...loved the interview with Craig Hampson just now... Q: So have you had to coach Alo up some considering his relative inexperience at Indy? A: No. :)

Razr likes this.
  15. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

AFT is the 21st and 22nd and Sliver Crown is the 23rd. 3 great days of Mile racing action. I really wish I was there. Never seen bikes on the Indy mile, but did see the Champ Cars there in 05. But on that same trip we went to Springfield and watched the GNC mile and TT. It was an awesome trip with my Dad and Nephew.

16. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

17. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

My brother is a spotter for Schmidt Peterson Motorsports, was with Robert Wickens 2 years ago, Ericsson last year. He was approached by Andretti a couple years ago about spotting for Alonso, but he was already committed to SPM. Thought you might find that interesting.

rd400racer likes this.
  18. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

I do! Their commentary about longstanding spotters throughout the day was interesting.

19. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

I might try to find tickets, Silver Crown cars on a mile are pretty interesting. Have you ever turned laps in a high HP sprint car?

backcountryme likes this.
  20. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

He just lucked into that position years ago. He built a home for a local driver, Mark Dismore, and they became friends. One day at the track Mark asked Dave if he wanted to climb the first turn spotters stand and give it a try, he did, and did well at it. Spotted for Dismore then Al Unser Jr for Menard.