1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Individual Rider CoachIng

Discussion in 'General' started by lopitt85, Aug 21, 2019.

1. badmoon692008

badmoon692008 Well-Known Member

Same offer, but I won't make you buy me Guinness... And I can teach you the non cheater-bike lines :crackup:

lopitt85 likes this.
  2. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

How about I just pay for both your trackdays, then you guys can just tell me I'm super fast. Win win.

TurboBlew, LossPrev and mpusch like this.
  3. badmoon692008

SOLD! I'll even let you stay in front of me for the entirety of the last session of the day so you can feel like you really dropped a ton of time.

lopitt85 likes this.
  4. Mike Dillon

Mike Dillon Well-Known Member

This is perhaps a bit of a tangent, but there is an argument that racing with faster people is incredibly effective at making you faster. An XR 100 setup for flat track and supermoto may be responsible for more lap time reduction per dollar than any other idea. If you have flat track or mini-moto near you consider taking a look. Cheers!

5. lopitt85

Well I've signed up for all 3 days. 1st day only novice was available. Doing the race certificate class and intermediate on day 2 which would allow me to go for my license later. And doing intermediate on day 3.

Maybe I will try racing sooner rather than later. I'll have to finish drilling and safety wiring everything. So far for trackdays I've only done the oil filter, oil fill cap, and oil pan bolt.

ducnut likes this.
  6. badmoon692008

For racing CCS that's all you need... If you race WERA or CRA they have more stringent wiring requirements

7. R/T Performance

R/T Performance Well-Known Member

Definitely if you want to challenge yourself come ride the grattan pro school next season the friday before than race and than the wera round.

I plan to be at ACC all three days come by and say hi should be pretty easy to spot i am in the orange work and play.

8. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

I would something like YCRS or Rick first. You need to learn how these bikes are made to be ridden. I don't think you'll get nearly what you could out of a 1:1 coaching session if you spent 3/4 of the day learning how to trail brake. I got quite a bit of 1 on 1 when I did the YCRS school, and learned a ton. I feel that was a great first step, and now knowing the basics, I feel I could get a lot more out of a 1 on 1 session with G. May or the like.

Gino230 likes this.
  9. Suzuka_joe

Suzuka_joe Well-Known Member

Its like $1500 a day right ?

10. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

Riding two up with ken hill it was hard to tell without looking over his shoulder exactly when he completely let off the brakes and went to the throttle. Slow hands, fast bike, we weren't going slow two up.

5axis likes this.
  11. FourThreeSix

FourThreeSix Well-Known Member

1 on 1 is $2000. 2 to 1 is $1500 I believe.

12. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

With what .Org? Doesn’t matter really...Don’t forget to cover your Vendor/aka coach fee and provide your own insurance for the track...

R/T Performance likes this.
  13. lopitt85

Hellooooo lo lo lo lo....(echo)

Any of you peeps out here at Autobahn today. Would like to get a chance to meet some of you folks...

I'm Lawrence, riding novice today, intermediate next two days. I'm on a 2008 GSXR 600, blue with bright orange accents and covered in stickers cuz I'm a poser, lol. :crackup:

14. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

I’ll be at Blackhawk in two weeks if you’re planning to be there.

15. R/T Performance

R/T Performance Well-Known Member

We met i am the coach who picked you up a couple times on the green ninja also asked about the Rapid cycleworks sticker on the tail of your bike.
    Hope you had a great time ridding with STT seriously come to grattan Michigan proday next year than stay and race wera!!!!

mastermind likes this.
  16. Stork

Stork Member

I've done YCRS twice and learned a ton both times. Part of the reason why I really like doing dedicated schools is because I only race. I very rarely do track days and only occasionally do practice during race weekends. I need the adrenaline of a race to truly enjoy being on track. Anyway, due to all of this, I like schools because it is the only way I'll take a step back and actually focus on techniques. Yes it is expensive, but I've crashed at least twice before my first YCRS school that cost more than the school. Those crashes individually cost 2-3 times as much as attending the school one time. And then the first time I went, I learned why I normally crash from the photographer... Later learned how not to crash during the school, but yes even the photographer knew his shit. I cannot recommend ycrs enough. After attending, be sure to read your book, review your notes, and try to practice the techniques. I don't, but I think about certain techniques during my races which has helped a lot.

So my recommendation is to do a school once, then decide if you should do a school again or find 1on1 training.

Not all of us are talented enough to pick up on all of this on our own...

Laz and Boman Forklift like this.
  17. lopitt85

Hello there, I absolutely enjoyed it. I went into the weekend planning to work on corner entry and mid corner roll speed all three days. But you guys gave me some stuff that I NEEDED to fix before going faster so that I could do it safely. Below is a post I put up over on the STT forum about my weekend. The biggest thing I forgot to mention in that post was being smooth. I rode novice on day 1 because intermediate wasnt available. My pace was good but I wasnt being smooth on the throttle. The instructor behind me told me he was watching my suspension get all upset by my crappy throttle control. That was a big area of improvement for me this wknd too. If I had tried to go faster I probably would have been one of the many red flags in the I group.

My post on STT:

"I just finished the 3 day event at Autobahn. It was my second time riding with STT. It just reconfirmed my thoughts after riding with you guys at Road America, awesome organization! I really enjoyed running all 3 tracks, and running them in that order made it easy to transition to the full course without trying to learn it all in one shot.

I also wanted to thank all of the instructors who helped me out. Kevin gave me awesome tips and feedback, towed me around and really helped me with my line, super helpful. Also helped me really improve 3-4-5 of the North Course. Meister on the blue GSXR as well, showed me where I was wasting energy shifting body position for no reason. Pat gave some awesome feedback when I didnt even know I was being watched. George too, and theres others that I cant remember your names because I talked to/worked with every instructor I could find.

It didnt seem like very many people were taking advantage to learn from the instructors but it meant I had free reign to all of them. Cant wait for the next event. :D"

Last edited: Sep 4, 2019
  18. lopitt85

I also did the race certificate class with k3 and really enjoyed that too. He's an awesome dude and him a his buddy were really helpful to a guy that was having some bike problems. I'm really excited about trying to get better/faster and try racing.

TLR67 and R/T Performance like this.
  19. Chip

Chip Registered

Hi Lawrence,

If we can help in anyway, please don’t hesitate to reach out. We can change your riding life: www.champschool.com

[email protected]

SpeedyE likes this.
  20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Another new job? :Poke: :crackup: