1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Indian FTR1200

Discussion in 'General' started by mb17, Oct 1, 2018.

1. mb17

mb17 Broughton859

2. WANABE RACER

WANABE RACER Well-Known Member

I am weird. I like it

3. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

120 hp my ass...

4. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I don't care much for that type of motorcycle and I like it.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  5. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

The initial pictures that Indian was using for marketing last year was a cock tease. Not even the same damn bike.

Chris, stk0308, Chino52405 and 2 others like this.
  6. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I put them both up side by side after you said that in the other thread. They aren't THAT far apart. Lose the stock exhaust and you'll probably see a lot of what you can't see...frame and tires aren't too far apart. Then strap on some bling parts and you're damn close.

panthercity and Britt like this.
  7. awalk9905

awalk9905 Well-Known Member

Damnit, that's nothing like what they were teasing... But, I kinda do like it.

8. mb17

mb17 Broughton859

Yea I do agree that starting with the Prototype and then teasing that for a year to this leaves me with a little disappointed. However, I think if they would have just came out with this without the prototype and marketing, I would be impressed. I also think this is more likely to sell than the protoype with a crazy high price tag anyways. This is America's version of the Scrambler basically and it doesn't look bad at all.

9. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

I'm seeing a clamp right before the exhaust breadbox, looks like a simple affair to ditch 20+ ugly pounds (unlike on my Suzuki which would require a Sawzall and more commitment)

10. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

I dig it. Wish the rear subframe was a little less chunky, but I guess that's needed if you ride any 2-up.

Hopefully the aftermarket can slim it up a bit.

11. Jed

Jed mellifluous

I love it.

12. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

Dry weight - 489 lbs. :Puke:

5axis and NemesisR6 like this.
  13. ChuckS

ChuckS Well-Known Member

That exhaust Is a heap of ugly.

Not bad otherwise.

14. I like it. I would actually daily ride that just based on looks. Actual riding experience might be different but take the mirrors, reflectors, plate mount and just build a full TI exhaust w/ a good muffler and be done.

15. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

What's the 1st thing that goes out to the trash when you build a new race bike... Exhaust.
    Same thing with a street bike.. change the Fkn cans.. it's a given the factory shit has to meet standards for noise and emissions.. so it is gonna be BIG and UGLY.
    Yosh, M4 or Akro, will make short work of this problem

Jon Wilkens likes this.
  16. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

My pee pee moved. He likes it.

17. jd41

jd41 Well-Known Member

Nice

18. COOP 1

COOP 1 Well-Known Member

+ 1

19. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

I don't think you'll ever get anything close to "svelte" with a 1.2L lump and all the required electronic gizmos that are required.

I will say I'm a bit bummed on the price entry point.......I think 10-12K would have been more along the lines I was expecting.

masshole likes this.
  20. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

It's competition is for the younger Ducati and Harley Crowd.. not Japanese Sportbike guys..IMO

panthercity likes this.