1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Indian FTR Street Tires

Discussion in 'General' started by grasshopper, Sep 17, 2020.

1. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

A friend of mine has a 2020 Indian FTR and he wants to put some decent rubber on it to do a trackday. Stock the bike has the flat track style tires on it.

The rear is 160/60/18 and the front is a 120/70/19

He is unable to source a *set* from the same manufacturer.

He received and has the front Pirelli Angel GT and cancelled the order for the matching rear because it said the estimated lead time was November.

If he gets the Conti Road Attack rear will the set work okay together? He is saying all the sources he's gone to the 18" rear is months out on lead time. This seems to be the only option unless someone has a hook up around here.

Ultimately the question is will there be any issues with running the pirelli front and conti rear?

Any help is appreciated

upload_2020-9-17_13-59-53.png upload_2020-9-17_14-0-7.png

2. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

I'm showing the 160/60 R18 Angel GT will be available to ship in a few days.

3. grasshopper

From you?

4. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

For everyone, I imagine. It shows Out of Stock now, but date for re-stock is 9/20.

5. grasshopper

Supposedly he was getting conflicting answers about that. I passed on your info to him. Thanks

He ordered that Conti tire anyway. I'm assuming it will be fine for a track day. It's not like he's trying to break lap records or win races

6. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

I'd agree. Any street tire will be fine. I run Trail Attack 3's on my Multi and there's enough traction to grind the footpegs off in the mountains.

7. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

We stock a 150/65-18 CR11 Bridgestone. It's a new race tire we came out with earlier this year. They're $200 plus shipping. I don't have a 19" front.

8. Wingnut

Wingnut Well-Known Member

I need some new tires for my Indian as well....

Attached Files:

Kolbe likes this.