1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

In SoCal for work, where to ride

Discussion in 'General' started by cfaddict, Dec 17, 2020.

1. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

I forget the name of the exit thats just north of LA off the 5 that has great roads that all the car OEMs use for their commercials. Its very scenic.

2. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Big or Little Tujunga?

TurboBlew likes this.
  3. cfaddict

cfaddict carbonated

Wow tons of good info thanks! I'll have to look over all this and dig in. I don't have much free time so I didn't want to waste it on guesses and searching. Cant wait till Sat. I can cut loose a bit. much appreciated

4. cfaddict

cfaddict carbonated

Currently in Colton but will relocate about 15 miles away this weekend.

5. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Oh yeah! Straight up the 215/15 to Cajon Junction, get off on 138 and head east. Follow it all the way up to Crestline. From there you can go back to Colton down the 18 or go east on 18 to Big Bear and then come back. Not sure if there are chain restrictions up there ATM though, you might have to turn around. Just the up and down loop, call it maybe 2.5 hours if you’re chilling.

Another good one, up the 15, west on 138, west on Big Pine Highway, right on Bob’s gap , right on 138 back to the 15. Call this one 2.5 - 3 hours. This is a better route if there are winter restrictions at higher elevations.

ACH and other roads probably have partial closures.

Check this site first for LA County:
    https://dpw.lacounty.gov/roadclosures/

San Bernardino:
    https://sbcountydpw.maps.arcgis.com/apps/webappviewer/index.html?id=2cd2d5b8cf064d1fa03b26e2a9f3cfb0

LA and SB Counties also have road condition numbers you can call. It’s actually a bit more accurate than the websites, and will tell you winter travel limitations along with closures.

6. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

How far is just north? I’d call just north as far as Tehachapi. There are a shitload of scenic rural roads out that far.

Seen both on car commercials for sure.

7. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

If you’re in Colton then the road through the San jacinto mountains to idyllwild is closest. Or up to big bear.

Btw Colton? Ew

8. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Damn Mormons dont know real culture when they see. And Coltons got a lot of culture...:D

9. Greenhound386

Greenhound386 Well-Known Member

cfaddict likes this.
  10. cfaddict

cfaddict carbonated

Yeah I found that out already...that's why I'm changing locations in a couple days. It was close to where I'm working :shrug: first time out here so gotta learn on the fly

11. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Dont know where you have to work but if its around colton....redlands is the only "nice" area on that side of town.... Or you could try Moreno Valley....stay in one of the many hotels on Day st by the mall and you have shopping/eating choices and you can take perris blvd/reche canyon over to colton...its a twisty little rd and off freeway.

12. cfaddict

cfaddict carbonated

Thanks for the spots..had little time but I found a couple good rides. Gonna keep trying. My contract is getting extended into march so I'll be out here a bit longer. 20210103_215749.jpg

beac83 and cortezmachine like this.
  13. cfaddict

cfaddict carbonated

Loving cali!

Attached Files:

L8RSK8R and Youpaiyou like this.
  14. Youpaiyou

Youpaiyou Well-Known Member

Heck ya! Glad you are having fun. 80 degree weather in January is pretty rare even for us.

15. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

My nigga

If you wanna ride one day lmk

what area you crashing?

16. gixxerboy55

gixxerboy55 Well-Known Member

Nice wait till you try out Laguna.

17. r1owner

r1owner All cars suck!

Did you meet Max Wrist yet? :)

18. cfaddict

cfaddict carbonated

Now renting a room from someone I'm working with...way better than colton in San bernardino. No max wrist lol. A guy told me laguna was closed to bikes but I don't think he knew what he's talking about. Cortezmachine, my contract got extended through Feb. So a ride may be on the cards some weekend. I'm also trying to surf while I'm here. Huntington beach is gnarly.

19. jeosbor1

jeosbor1 Active Member

Come down to San Diego....we have some good spots to ride. Meeting up at 10am tomorrow to ride hwy 94 to Campo.

20. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

Huntington/Newport is the easiest place to surf in terms of localism. If you head up to the breaks from Palos verdes and north to Malibu it’s a very locals only vibe, excluding Santa Monica because there’s so many people

cfaddict likes this.