1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

In Need Of Front Caliper/Mounting Bracket TTR125L

Discussion in 'Mini Racing' started by ChromeDinette, Jul 10, 2017.

1. ChromeDinette

ChromeDinette Member

Hi, I'm searching for the front disc brake caliper and mounting bracket for my TTR 125L... Any ideas?

2. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

I have an unmolested, damn near new bracket on my shelf, but no caliper. (Might have pads too...) If you like going the eBay route, expand your search to include YZ80 / YZ85 front brakes, identical calipers and brackets.

Mscott_19 likes this.
  3. ChromeDinette

ChromeDinette Member

I have searched both and apparently they are golden. Would you perhaps have a slightly less than golden price in mind for yours? I might be able to save the caliper (the slider is rusted tight), but the bracket is a goner. :oops:

You can hit me at my screen name at that Google mail service.

Mscott_19 likes this.
  4. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

Which part are you calling the slider, I might have that too?

5. ChromeDinette

ChromeDinette Member

The top pin the caliper supposedly slides back and forth on. It's part of the mounting bracket (I hope).
    The lower bolt/pin came out cleanly but the caliper is rusted to the top pin pretty good (apparently). I broke the bracket trying the big hammer method after much prying and soaking.

6. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

Gotcha. That pin is replaceable, but Yamaha doesn't sell it separate... the bastards... it's in near new condition on my bracket. And, as luck would have it I found a spare caliper in my parts bin that looks to be in good shape as well. It and the matching OEM rubber brake line are off a 1990 YZ80, the line may hold fluid but I'd strongly suggest getting a better condition one. If you need it I'll ship it too. Just gotta check my totes for those pads... And I'll run the caliper through the cleaner too before sending it all out.

Did you get my email?

7. ChromeDinette

ChromeDinette Member

Oh crap...wrong screen name. I'm sorry!

Chuckracer at that Google email thingy. Thank You!!!

Last edited: Jul 10, 2017
  8. ChromeDinette

ChromeDinette Member

Sorted...thank you Josh!