1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm Hooked on Roadracing!!

Discussion in 'General' started by Janie McCommons, Jul 25, 2000.

1. Janie McCommons

Janie McCommons Well-Known Member

Yes, Frat-Boy, it's me again! I gave Jeff racing school for his birthday last July, thinking that he would finally get this racing foolishness out of his system and we could get on with our lives. My brother races dirt-track cars, my father raced dirtbikes and dunebuggies in Florida and we were all raised on NASCAR and the Indy500. I've had racing UP TO HERE!! After Jeff did Bargy's school on a Friday in August, I came down to Savannah on Saturday to do my wifely duties and watch my husband play with all the other nuts. The first time he came down the front straight with his head down, I WAS HOOKED. We have met some of the most wonderful people... Kris Wall, Eric Bozell, Larry Dulaney,...the list goes on and on. By the last race at Savannah, I was an official and have loved getting to know the other officials and riders and wives and families. You people are GREAT!! I think I enjoy the races more than Jeff does! Wives and girlfriends, PLEASE get to know the guys your rider races with... you can make some excellent friends and enjoy your husband's sport as much as he does. Don't bitch about the money...racing keeps them out of bars and off the streets. Yes, we spend a lot of money racing, but we enjoy it together and that's what's important.

2. Tracee Polcin

Tracee Polcin Pic by IYF Photo

Hey Janie, could you call me wife and convince her too!!! [​IMG]

3. Janie McCommons

All it takes is an open mind and a previously boring social life...helps, too, if she was a tom-boy to begin with...have her look me up in Savannah. We'll start a support group right after Tony's Chapel service on Sundays.

4. sportbikepete

sportbikepete Well-Known Member

Janie I'm going to forward you my phone number, my wife's name is "Are you nuts!".

5. Janie McCommons

Just kidding about the support group [​IMG]
    Tell RUNuts that the day I started to enjoy the sport is the day I realized:
    A. He's gonna do it anyway, no matter what I say
    B. He really knows what he's gotten himself into and what he's doing
    C. He's gonna be gone every other weekend for eight months out of the year
    D. He's gonna work over-time to support his "habit"
    E. Men NEED hobbies more that women do
    F. I can either get involved and enjoy it too or sit around & bitch about it

6. sportbikepete

sportbikepete Well-Known Member

LOL! You have one lucky husband, I hope he knows what he's got! If not he can stay at my place for a month.

7. Mary#622

Mary#622 Member

Better yet! If you can't beat them - join them! [​IMG]

Mary
    "lovin' life on my RS125"

8. 9milphil

9milphil Active Member

Good god!!! what an outlook- you have to be the coolest wife I have met! - I am getting married on Aug. 12 - I have to miss Roedling Road, I guess it is a good enough reason... but i hope i can convience her of this- I shouldnt have a problem, but I am printing it out anyway!!- thanks again for writing it down!!
    9mil

9. WERA476

WERA476 Well-Known Member

Hey Janie you don't happen to have a single good looking sister that can take to racing the way you did?

Chris
    #476 Expert

10. Janie McCommons

Don't get me wrong...I still act like a GIRL sometimes and drive Jeff NUTS, but I love him & we're best friends. I don't always have such a great outlook, but he has a way of getting me to shut up and try something new...I've never been sorry and we have had a blast the past five years! [​IMG]

11. WERA82

WERA82 Infidel, phone ringing...

Janie said: "Yes, we spend a lot of money racing, but we enjoy it together and that's what's important."

Amen to that. My wife Carol is my biggest supporter and fan. She goes to every race and does whatever she can help. It's great to come back to see her face when I go out! She makes me feel like I won every race! (Believe me, I'm not) She is a tomboy at heart, and loves watching racing. She rides an F3, climbs rock and ice, backpacks, snow skis, and mountain bikes with me. She's talked about taking a race school too! Did I mention she's cute too? And she tapes all the races on Speedvision for us to watch... She's the perfect wife for me!

Lee

12. Rusnak_322

Rusnak_322 FOX Mullet

I thought the plan was to join them and then beat them?

13. Janie McCommons

Yes, I have a sister and I've infected her with the racing bug...she may be an official next year if they can stand two of us!

14. Janie McCommons

Girl! Women like you & Joanne Sawyer are my heroes! Wish I could join 'em...the best I can do is cheer you girls on from pit road!

15. Janie McCommons

Go Carol! Don't ya love it? Some people think we're taking that "Stand by your man" thing a little too far, but I'm just glad that Jeff WANTS me to be a part of it...so many men don't.

16. kneedragon234

kneedragon234 Well-Known Member

Damn, where can I get one of those "Janie's"!
    I don't think we have any in Ohio!!!

17. Janie McCommons

No way! Janie's are all in the SOUTH...y'all!

18. Kris18

Kris18 Guest

Here you go again. I know Tom(wera 122) is on right now so you guys can have post out war. Anyway, I think you've really made a name for yourself here Janie. I've known all year, and last year, just how cool you were about racing. What all these guys dont know is all the other things you do at the track like feed me, house me, give me first aid, and get grids, etc. It really helps out having you there.

I can't say enough how much I've personally enjoyed hanging out with you and Jeff. Somebody's gotta do it!

19. wera917

wera917 Well-Known Member

Why miss it? Sounds like a perfect honeymoon to me [​IMG] <Grinning as he ducks and covers>

20. Janie McCommons

Speaking of which, will you be participating in the usual Savannah routine...River Street, etc?