1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm going to Nationals (Darts) Nashua, NH

Discussion in 'General' started by turbodogs02, Oct 13, 2013.

1. turbodogs02

turbodogs02 Just batting at the bunny

Hey, so I qualified for the US Team Nationals (501) to be held in Nashua, New Hampshire. It'll be held on Friday morning, then there will be a $20,000 tournament to follow over the weekend. Hopefully it'll be a good weekend and a good experience, since this is the first time I've qualified :cool:

So, anyone live in the area? I'll be flying into Manchester on Thursday and cabbing it down to the hotel....anything cool to see or do there? Granted most of my time will be spent inside playing, but I'm sure there will be some down time to check out what the outside of the hotel looks like...:p

I've never been to that part of the country, so I'm looking forward to it :up:

2. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Good luck!

3. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Less than 20 miles from me. If you want to see anything that looks like NH, you'll have to head north or east, Nashua borders MA.
    You'll be close to the Budweiser Brewery. Foliage is just so-so, might be more advanced by the time you get here.
    No shortage of restaurants and bars in Nashua. Easy to visit Boston from there, it's about an hour south.

4. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Good luck.:clap:

5. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Hope Tyson doesn't show up.

6. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Good luck

7. Hammer 4

Hammer 4 Can't Touch This

Congratz....and good luck to ya turbopup...:up: :beer:

Weeesssttsside............:rock:

8. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

We played a lot of darts when I was in kollege but I was never all that great at it. I wished I was.

Anyways, that some cool ass stuff there! I'm stoked for ya'.

9. turbodogs02

Thanks guys! :up: I could use all the luck and best wishes you can spare!

Thanks for the general lay of the land Corner...

So if anyone is in the area and wants to drop in and check out some good darts and have a pint or two lemme know! :beer:

10. nads755

nads755 Well-Known Member

Hey if youre looking for something to do, check out Skyventure New Hampshire. Indoor skydiving windtunnel in Nashua. been there a few times and its a blast

11. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I think that is cool as can be!

I still have my Winmau board that I bought while oversea's and toss a dart every now and then.

Just curious......what is the preferred weight and type of dart that people of your caliber throw? I typically use brass darts in the 18-22 gram range but a lot of people I throw against like the heavier weights (like 26 range).

12. turbodogs02

As far as "preferred" dart goes, there are many many options...there really isn't a right or wrong choice. It's all going to come down to preference and feel. Although with that said, most people aren't throwing brass anymore, typically most darts now are made of tungsten. You'll also see most throwing darts in the 20-28g weight, but again, that can vary based on personal preference....of course then you start getting into shaft length/material, flights (and all of the numerous shapes and materials), then there are the L-Flight and FitFlight set-ups that a lot of players are going to now....lol, it can get a little crazy.

For me personally, right now the steel tips that I'm throwing are between 23-25g (depending on how I feel that day)...I'm mainly using a dart from Unicorn, the VanBarneveld, with short/medium nylon shafts and an oval flight. I was using a fantail flight, but the oval has helped stabilize my dart lately. I've also just picked up a set of Scotty B's, from Shot!, and I'm slowing learning those darts and will probably switch to those after Nationals. (Scotty is actually one of our local players, all around good dude, a fantastic shot, and my recent partner up at a tournament we played in Tahoe.)

My soft tips are 20g, with FitFlight Air kite flights. I'll probably be upping the weight on those soon as I'm looking to balance between my soft and steel.

My suggestion is to find a local shop where you can throw lots of everything....it really all comes down to what feels the best in your hand, and what works for how you throw the dart. There are just so many options in barrel length and shape and in how the grooves are cut, whether it has a more aggressive feel or is more smooth.

I'm more than happy to answer any questions I can though! :beer:

Last edited: Oct 15, 2013
  13. turbodogs02

Hey RD....

looks like this is your local dart league

http://www.louisvilledarts.com/

They may be able to help point you in the right direction for shops and stuff in your area....a lot of areas will do a weekly blind draw too. :cool:

14. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

damn dude, didn't realize people got that serious into that stuff. most i've ever done was hope to hit the board (or someone's ass). good luck!

15. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

Good luck dude!

16. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

There's probably a dart BBS somewhere where people are asking questions about superstock verses superbike modifications...

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Prolly :D

I need to go buy some new darts. Threw some of a friends last off season and had a blast - went home and bought a new board and cabinet, got them put up, broke out my darts and realized I couldn't throw the skinny ones for shit any more.

Probably need to just throw more but the lack of feel and comfort is just annoying.

18. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I'm already scoping out these sets:D

Yeah, I've read that the skinny tungsten's are better but I'm old school.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Two-2-sets-...327?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27d8e3924f

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Accudart-St...767?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item25836aed1f

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It's funny the tungstens are what I have and they're a good 15 years old.

I'll have to just swing by a store and throw a couple sets.

20. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Okay, Turbo, I made a few calls and got the people in charge to speed up the foliage change for you. The colors should be amazing when you get here, especially on the ride from Manchester to Nashua.
    Enjoy.