1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If you really want a Grom...

Discussion in 'General' started by dtalbott, Jul 18, 2013.

1. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

My Honda rep would not respond to that question when I asked.

2. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

LOL. Excellent question.

3. TEAMLIKETYSPLIT

TEAMLIKETYSPLIT In Limbo

What happened to them?

4. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

5. Im on it. :up:

6. tearlessj

tearlessj Well-Known Member

One word: ZB50.

7. hrc_nick_11

hrc_nick_11 Well-Known Member

I have a deposit on one and it is a smaller dealership. You are starting to worry me. This is real dumb to me cause they are released already in other countries.

8. dtalbott

Latest promise:

Zero in August, but ONE in September.

9. BigBird

BigBird blah

1>0

hoping you get the rest...

10. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

After Laguna? I heard people were going nuts over the display models. :D:Poke:

11. dtalbott

I need four.

12. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

Last night I was riding my motard home, and saw a guy and girl each on these ZB50 clones. Anybody have any experience with them. Looks pretty dang similar in idea to a Grom for less than half price:
    http://www.motobuys.com/st125-p-skyt.html

I'm sure it's less reliable and all, but damn did it look fun to ride around town.

13. ACDNate

ACDNate Well-Known Member

Wow, interesting.

The China motors are actually pretty decent ( i know nobody will believe this). I had a good experience with a Chinese dirtbike. 4 stroke 150 vert motor, KTM 85/105 clone frame/suspension. After changing out 2 dozen or so chassis bolts and liberal amounts of locktite it was a solid cheap ride.

14. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

15. That one looks a lot more chickenshitty than the Grom. For a pit bike, it would probably do the same job just as good, but you would look more like a candyass. :D

16. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

I rode a friends. My impression was that the weight and metal talk would keep it from being as much fun as a XR/CRF50. But being street legal opens up other possibilities I guess.

17. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

18. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

I'll just wait until 2016 and buy the new old stock 2013 from one of the many that bought a lot and sold a few. Still got that Rune Darrin? :D

19. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

20. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I love my birkenstocks. They aren't all that comfortable and mine kind of smell. Nope, I love 'em 'cause they really seem to piss people off and I'm all about that. Only thing that even comes close to pissing people off as much is my Redglare Records tshirt and that only works on people like Jaybird. :D