1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

identifying suspension components

Discussion in 'Tech' started by fullmetalF4i, Oct 26, 2014.

1. fullmetalF4i

fullmetalF4i C. Lee #826

When I bought my supermoto the guy said it was sprung for a 200lb rider.
    What can I look for on the shock springs and the fork springs to confirm this? I was just poking around the Racetech website looking at new springs since Im heavier than 200 by quite a bit. When I run the calculator I max out their available spring rates, and when I put in a 200lb rider it also maxes out the rates (though a lot closer to their available springs).
    I just want to confirm the weight of the springs matches what the calculator is telling me what they should be (so i dont waste my money and buy the identical weight springs that are on there)

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Should be a number on the spring I believe.

3. hrc_nick_11

hrc_nick_11 Well-Known Member

Cannon racecraft can make custom springs for about the same price as racetech springs. Maybe just a bit more but totally reasonable priced.

4. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

The Race Tech site should only be used as a very rough guide. Talk to someone that has experience building sumo suspension. If you're going to buy springs, you may as well get the right ones.