1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I was looking for a head this morning...

Discussion in 'General' started by jrsamples, Nov 17, 2017.

1. 3twins

3twins Well-Known Member

Expensive head.

2. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Neolithic fleshlight?

Mot Okstef likes this.
  3. Riders Discount

Riders Discount 866-931-6644 ext 817

Look for the following: Primitive Technology: Stone Axe (celt)

jrsamples likes this.
  4. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

Beat me to it.....:oops:

Mot Okstef likes this.
  5. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Bentgrass sod farm.

6. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

to..to.....to soon....???

:D

Mot Okstef likes this.
  7. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

two

ToofPic likes this.
  8. Phl218

Phl218 .

She got headaches

9. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

I actually have a degree in anthropology from a prominent university. I can post a report card if you need it.

In my studied opinion, it looks like an axe. However, if it were a hand axe I might expect to see the heel of the axe a little bigger and shaped to fit the palm of the hand better. But, having it be for a hafted axe I would expect to see a bit of a groove to fit the binding sinew in. All of that can vary due to time period and culture.

So, I think it is an axe.

10. Mot Okstef

Mot Okstef Scrolling all day long on RRW.com

Thank you Captain. :D

image.jpeg

JustaNobody and ToofPic like this.
  11. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Freakin awesome. Wish you could visit and take a look at some of this stuff. There is about an acre and a half that is loaded with all sorts of stuff. It should really be excavated properly.

12. Mot Okstef

You could make a new documentary like The Curse of Oak Island. I bet there is some buried treasure on your property about 170 feet underground. ;)

13. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

I should think it would be of some interest to researchers if there are that many artifacts laying around.
    That's pretty unusual. Call your local university.

14. mattf

mattf Banned-a-lama-ding-dong.

American Indian Dikfer

Mot Okstef likes this.
  15. Mot Okstef

OK. I'll bite. What's a Dikfer?

:D

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Split the top of the handle, slot in the head and then wrap with moistened rawhide. Or big enough handle to make a hole. Depends on what you want.

[​IMG]

jrsamples likes this.
  17. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Holy shit! You found a rock! It must be worth Trillions, not like you can dig a hole and find a bunch of rocks and shit. :D

Mot Okstef likes this.
  18. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Cost me zero. Now how much did your wife's rock cost you again? Yeah, the tiny one that you can't even split a noggin or piece of wood with.:Poke::D

badmoon692008 and Mot Okstef like this.
  19. jim weaver

jim weaver Well-Known Member

hey jr you have a camp site if you have found more of these. like the man said its called a celt. some of them are worth a little money. see if you find flint arrow or spear points there too. some are very old. the better they are made usually the older the.y are.internet is your friend, look they have people who will value them. i have a whole collection . would love to see you spot.

20. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

@jim weaver Yep, I am convinced there was a camp. Before 1916 this spot was an island in the river, I can only guess that it was that way many years before. The route of the river changed due to the '16 flood, but the abandoned route is still evident. 90% of these items are found on the high ground knoll which would have been in the center of the island. Whole pottery bowls, spear points, lots of flint arrow points (I don't believe that natural flint is found in the area), and countless pieces of pottery. The property was farmed continuously for at least the last 150 years. The pieces that I like best are the round stones, usually white quartz like with concave centers on both sides. They are very well made. Come on down, we sometimes get along with yankees.:D

JustaNobody likes this.