1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I want to race and have ?

Discussion in 'Information For New Racers' started by Snow, Jan 7, 2011.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

If all you're going to do is bitch and whine why don't you go work on a bike and get the hell off of here? I get it, you disagree with me about trackdays, you don't think we tear down enough, you hate this you hate that. I wasn't joking yet again about stupid shit getting people banned and your incessant whining is stupid shit.

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It does but we work with everyone to get them on the racetrack, that's the core purpose of our job at the track.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I just created the forum and I'm typing this sitting in the tower at Auto Club Speedway - give me a few :D

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

1 - yep, you're wrong :D There is no set of specs for fitting into racing. We have racers who have been riding a bike for a couple months, riders who have never ridden anything but dirt bikes, we have riders with decades of experience and everything in between.

2 - depends on the suspension. Aftermarket shock and fork internals are okay in Superstock, aftermarket forks themselves are not. I'd be willing to bet you're Superstock legal so you've got B Superstock and Superbike, same for the A classes, and Formula 1. Also the HW Solo on Saturday. Being over 40 add in Senior Superbike HW on Sundays as a possibility too.

3 - license is $110 for 12 months. Solo's all cost $85 at the track and $75 pre entry. Sprints (Sunday) are $85 for the first (75 pre), $65 for the second class, and $55 for everything you want to enter after that. Practice is included for Sunday. Practice on Saturday is included if you run a Solo, if not it's $75. The $125 is for all day practice days - usually the friday of a National event but there are some variations to that too.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Since it's been 5+ years you will need another race school, ours or any of those listed in the rulebook.

6. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

Mongo I'd like to buy a license beforehand so I can be assigned a ID and bike #. I'm looking at it as one less thing that I would have to do Saturday morning. What are the steps that one would have to take to accomplish this, I have already filled out the WERA Motorcycle Roadracing Membership Form but obviously have not filled out certain fields (Previous experience or School) do I fax this form to you as is? Thanks

7. simonburic

simonburic Runs Wide

This whole section has been very helpful. Thanks to all who have posted up advice.

Also I would like to know what the difference between the Membership(Race Lisence) and the Mini Membership is.

I would assume since I've never raced before that I will need the Membership (Race Lisence) and not the Mini Membership, is this correct?

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Just send it in as is and you'll be set.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The Mini license only allows you to run the Mini (50 & 80) classes.

10. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

I'll get it sent in, Thank you very much.

11. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

:crackup: i just think some people are pissed they cant "advertise" their TD orgs on here anymore.

12. dianhsuhe

dianhsuhe Well-Known Member

SUBSCRIBED

Thanks for this thread! It takes a lot of the mystery out of getting started and I know I sure appreciate it...

Gibby

13. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

The the # WERA assigns, will that be THE # we would use from provisional novice through novice for the year? Can we still request a specific # - if available - as a provisional?

Also, I've read the class structure, and I THINK I've got it figured, BUT... My '04 GSXR600 with aftermarket fork springs, full exhaust, PCIII, and double-bubble windscreen qualifies me out of SS and into SB, right?

14. ToddClark

the only thing in the items of mods you have listed that will throw you into the superbike class is the double bubble windscreen. Put on a stock screen and you can run SS AND SB.

15. ToddClark

oh, and you can request a number, and IF its available, you will be assigned that number for the next 12 months. If not available, a number will be assigned to you. When it comes time to renew your license the following year, you will, at that time, again have the option to put the top 3 choices of numbers you'd like to have, but again, if those numbers arent available, then you'll just keep the number thats already been assigned to you. And unfortunately, there is no list available to us to be able to know what numbers are available. Its a crapshoot as to what number you'll receive if the number you want isnt available.

16. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

I thought so... did I see/hear that this may change for '11?

17. ToddClark

LOL, i wouldnt hold my breath on it. Its been talked about since i started racing in 2001. Its a subject every year. And every year, the answer has been the same.

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You can request a specific number and it will be yours from PN through full Novice. It may or may not change when you go to Expert. It's your identity so we do what we can.

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Don't see any reason to change it.

20. randomwalker

randomwalker Well-Known Member

I sent in my application for a PN license along with my diploma from a race school, via email as attachments, about three days ago. Just curious about how long the application will take to get processed.