1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I want a garage damn it

Discussion in 'General' started by mike-guy, Aug 26, 2018.

1. YoshiHNS

YoshiHNS Mr. Slowly

TLDR: He has most tools, but not every one. Doesn't want to deal with complaints about personal tools going missing.

The "don't bring your own tools" part is so the owner doesn't have to worry about someone mistaking personal tools for community tools / theft. It's a bit annoying to start working when you need things other than ratchets/sockets/wrenches, as things aren't all that organized. He has a bunch of special stuff, like chain breakers, carb syncs, compression testers, wheel changers, ect. I couldn't find a castle nut driver or spanner for a steering head bearing, so not quite everything. I brought my own tools in once, but I have it all in a tool bag and kept everything in the bag, plus I was the only one in. He said if he doesn't have a tool to just tell him and he will get it.

I had my dad's baby blue Vespa in there. Engine and front end sitting against a column right now. Stripped it down so my paint guy could repair damage and paint while I worked on other things. Hoping to get the F2 track in there next few days.

He has a policy of not keeping bikes on the stands so other people can come in and use them. Reality is people do leave them on there, and seem like no one has touched them in a while. If you come in and a stand isn't open, he will probably just pull one off the stand for you.

2. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

$125 a Month is not bad with access to the tire changer.... I wouldn't need it but its a fair deal IMO...

3. YoshiHNS

YoshiHNS Mr. Slowly

And heated. Back when I could work in my parents garage in winter, I thought having it 45F was fantastic. Skidmarks keeps it nice and warm in there, like 70F.

BigBird likes this.
  4. BigBird

BigBird blah

45F in my garage right now would be a luxury. My little heater doesn't do much, so I know the pain.

K51000 likes this.
  5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Basically its the aluminum foil covered fiberglass insulation type duct work - the more solid stuff not the floppy. I got cold one day and pulled out a utility knife and cut a 6 x 10 inch or so hole in it :D