1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I took a ride today...

Discussion in 'General' started by K51000, Dec 8, 2018.

1. K51000

K51000 Well-Known Member

I've been rebuilding some cosmetics on my K5 liter #1.0, and decided to by a gas can, get some premium, put a batt'ry in and start it. Sounded so good I took a naked ride in 29F today!
    I have the Chi-Com fairings for the sides too, not putting them on till it warms up some. I took and down and filled it with gas- and added a bit of Sta-bil.
    Fun ride. I'm getting so use to my K5 LIterbike #2.0 that is GP shifting, that I actually had to think about which direction to shift again!
    At the gas station, a woman on the next pump said 'That's dedication!'
    I was thinking more along the lines of 'stupidity'- but I was dressed for it so it wasn't to bad.

[​IMG]

I honestly don't know how the Menorah got saved into my photo- oh well, no problem.

SpeedyE, ToofPic, Sprinky and 4 others like this.
  2. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

This post is Steeltoe approved.

SpeedyE and K51000 like this.
  3. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

Happy Hanukkah !!!!

It doesn't end until Monday night.

K51000 likes this.
  4. Newyork

Newyork Dip Mode

You must have been freezing even with the gear on...29 is cold!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

K51000 likes this.
  5. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

You’re a maniac. I heard a guy’s H-D start up in the neighborhood yesterday and I got cold just thinking about it.

K51000 and Funkm05 like this.
  6. Skter505

Skter505 Well-Known Member

How do you like those Chinese plastic kits? Which set did you order? I was thinking of getting some for my K6 1000 assumed they were junk though.

7. K51000

K51000 Well-Known Member

Last edited: Dec 8, 2018
    SpeedyE and Skter505 like this.
  8. Kyle Brosius

Kyle Brosius Well-Known Member

I have some auctmarks Chinese fairings on my k9 1000 and they are nice but not OEM. The color isn’t spot on with the tank and the fit isn’t perfect. 99% of people wouldn’t notice but I’m anal.

I actually took them all off and put a set of dirty bars on it and a mt03 headlight. Im in the process of making a street fighter.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2018
    K51000 likes this.
  9. K51000

K51000 Well-Known Member

Needed some stress relief. Took another ride today, 35F on my favorite set of twisties close to my home. Naked!- Still too cold for me to snap the side plastics on. The front and rear are the Chi-Com ones though.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

jrsamples, Steeltoe and SpeedyE like this.
  10. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

Once it hits 30's I'm done riding. Thankfully that's maybe a weeks worth of time every year, so I ride almost every day :D