1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I think I want to buy physical gold.

Discussion in 'General' started by Beer Slut, Nov 30, 2012.

1. Beer Slut

Beer Slut Well-Known Member

Anyone with experience here? Where to buy? Who to trust?

2. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

First, wait till it's at a reasonable price. It's near the top of it's 52 week average.

3. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

Second, learn how to spell buy

4. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

buy some GLD unless you want something to bury in the yard? If it's the latter consider MRE's guns or ammo, they will be better currancy after 12/21/12

5. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

You plan to use it to barter when society as we know it collapses?

6. Beer Slut

Wow. Thought I did, then saw my title. I'm a dumbass.

So who to trust and where to go?

7. Beer Slut

Maybe.

8. notbostrom

seriously, buying physical cold is for suckers, who are you going to sell it to when the time comes? I bet they offer 25% less than market value so what was the point. I deal with this all day on a professional level... open a brokerage acct and buy GLD if you just want it as speculation on prices.

why do you want to own it?

9. notbostrom

so what is better to own in a zombie apoc? a shiny piece of metal or guns food medicine and ammo?

tony 340 likes this.
  10. speedluvn

Why wasn't hookers & blow an option?

11. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

I kinda understand why he wants the physical stuff.

If you just buy Gold shares and the stock market TOTALLY crashes you got nothing but ones and zeros....even if he takes a 25% loss on the worth of gold, at least he has SOMETHING in his hands

with that being said, i think the gold train has sailed. Its in its own bubble now.

12. Beer Slut

I think the dollar's going to fail and I don't want the banks to have my money. Is it a false sense of security to own something that will always have value or do you think gold will some day be worth less than the dollar? I seriously don't understand how this works.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2012
  13. stalemate27

stalemate27 Banned

All you need is enough ammo to kill a few people then take their guns ... Wash rinse and repeat :beer:

14. speedluvn

And just how much would be enough?

15. stalemate27

stalemate27 Banned

Depends on your aim :D

16. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

FTFY :up:

Fractional numismatics will likely be the easiest to barter with in the coming zombiepocalypse. 1/10 to 1/4 troy oz, .9+.

Or, look at silver. Lower price point per oz, never made of tungsten, available in non-numismatic rounds and ingots to remove that "real money" premium that won't mean shit when the currency collapses. :up:

17. notbostrom

if the above happens gold will be worthless as well. If we get to that point the only things of value will be guns ammo food medicine and Diesel fuel. Who the F is gonna care about gold when there are riots in the streets.

18. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

The survivors.

rcarson15 likes this.
  19. notbostrom

if you think the dollar is going to fail.. sell everything you own while it's worth something.. if the dollar fails everything will be worth zero unless you can eat it, use it to get food or use it to defend yourself from others who can't.

you are either an investor or a prepper... anyone in the middle will be 100% wrong

sheepofblue likes this.
  20. speedluvn

and what will they do with it?