1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I quit smoking today, anybody else want in?

Discussion in 'General' started by V5 Racer, Sep 18, 2006.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Canadia and Oz (and prolly Kiwiland)

2. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

Nothing will make me start again, so not worried about any craves, they can just fuk off and I will go eat a shit load of food instead in the mean time.

here in nZ is 20 pks 25pks 40pks

I figured around $ 200-000 that's half a dam fine house here

3. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

Good for you. :up:

I have a few family members and close friends who I pray can kick it for good some day.

I shocked my aunt with the numbers from her 1-2 pack/day/30 year habit once......she could have retired VERY comfortably about 10 years ago had that money been put to better use. Sadly I feel that she's stuck in the "what's the point now?" mentality more than anything.....

4. R Acree

R Acree Banned

So which defines a pack a day habit?:D

5. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

Funnily enough, out here it is automatically assumed a pack a day user is a 20 pack person

6. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

1 month away from 8 years for me. Past few weeks have made me glad, too. My dad passed away in his 50s from a heart attack, a couple of weeks ago one of my younger brothers (45) had a heart attack and the only thing that saved him was that he was doing a pharmacy inventory in a hospital at the time. Both of them were because of cholesterol plaque blockages so I decided to go get a scan to see how long I have to go before I fall over dead. My score? Zero, best score you can have. The doc told me that smoking is one of the biggest factors in plaque formation, as both of them were/are smokers I can see it.

7. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Damn....I just realized March was 9 years. I'll have to pin down the date and celebrate when I make it to 10.

8. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

:up:

9. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Good news. Those things are dangerous.
    When you're really ready, you know it.
    Stay strong.

10. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

I quit after my last TD at Road Atlanta on 11-9... Been 2 weeks.... I also Quit Drinking a week before..... I am going out of my Fn Mind.....:crackup:

11. scottn

scottn Well-Known Member

It gets easier! I smoked a pack a day of Marlboro Reds from age 15 to age 40, been almost 8 years since I quit.

12. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

Quit like 4 months ago. Been doing good. Don't even have the urge to smoke anymore. Just a puff or two once a week or so when I'm out

13. BigBird

BigBird blah

doesn't sound like quitting to me :Poke:

good on ya though, since nobody likes a quitter :D

14. I started again after the ex and I split but quit again going on 3 months ago. Have been running 20+ miles a week and now I'm training to run a half marathon in March. I feel great physically and mentally. :up:

15. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

And a year has gone by without a butt.

16. buzz-06

buzz-06 Well-Known Member

my my how time Flys, it's been 2 years and some change since I last had a cigarette. my fitness is much better, I play hockey 2-3 times a week and hit the gym the days I'm not on the ice. Once again I congratulate everyone who has made it years without smoking and am proud to be part of this club!

17. scottn

scottn Well-Known Member

This June will be 8 years for me. I'm 48 and started when I was 15 or 16. One of the few things I've done that I'm truly proud of.

18. Haven't touched a smoke since August of last year!

19. R Acree

R Acree Banned

10 years this past April.

20. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Awesome

Been 2.5 years for me. Actually seems kinda surreal, I still smell em and want one but seems like a long long time ago that I smoked.