1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need some parts and the classifieds aren't helping

Discussion in 'General' started by CycleWorx Inc., Jul 12, 2011.

1. CycleWorx Inc.

CycleWorx Inc. Well-Known Member

I am not going to bitch about the new classifieds, that has been done enough but I am in desperate need of some parts for an 02 ZX6R. We have a friend overseas who is coming home soon and we want to put his previously wrecked bike back together. We need to find a headlight, gauge bracket, and either the stock left rearset or a cheap set of aftermarkets. We are trying to do this on a tight budget. If anyone has any of these parts let me know. I will have my paypal ready tomorrow. Thanks

2. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

Overseas as in he is in the service?

3. kz2zx

kz2zx zx2gsxr2zx

Won't parts from a ZZR600 from 05-up work?

4. metricdevilmoto

Yes. Same bike except for the ECU and fairing stay.

5. CycleWorx Inc.

Yeah. He has been over there for a while. He laid it down a few months before he left and then parked it. He talks about getting it fixed when he gets home so we are going to surprise him.

6. metricdevilmoto

I used to race one. I've got a box of spares and parts laying around somewhere in the loft that didn't go when the bike sold. If it's for someone that's serving overseas, you're welcome to whatever I have. Just cover shipping. I'll dig up what I've got tomorrow and let you know.

7. daviid

daviid Well-Known Member

im in the process of rebuilding my 02 zx6r

i have the oem rearsets, the stock guage bracket, fairing stay (i switched to the zzr guage/fairing stay combo), a headlight which is missing tabs.

pay for shipping and they are yours

8. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

Love this stuff. :up:

9. Rx7even

Rx7even Member

If you're still missing anything after these guys hook you up, let me know and I'll look and see what I have lying around...

10. CycleWorx Inc.

All I can say is wow. The beeb never ceases to amaze me. I appreciate all the generosity. If everyone that has said they have parts send me a private message with your paypal email, I will send it out tomorrow after the money clears. No need to estimate shipping. I will send more than enough. Thanks so much for all the help.

11. metricdevilmoto

12. Just shared this thread with my life. Makes me proud to be loosely associated with this community.

13. CycleWorx Inc.

I just want to say thanks again. I have let my other two friends in on what's going on on here and they could not believe it. We set a budget of $1300 for everything we need and we are going to clear it now. Beyond what I was asking about we are going to order him new levers, bar ends, flush mounts, mirrors, frame sliders, stator cover, and all new plastics. Thanks again everyone. Once we get it done, I will post pics.

14. metricdevilmoto

I'm pretty sure in my bin I've got a full set of aftermarket clip ons. So maybe hold off on the bar ends until I go through everything. And I know I've got levers. And I probably have the OEM stator cover as well. Can't remember if it has any rash on it.

15. CycleWorx Inc.

I appreciate that but he is big on the "carbon fiber" look so we are going to order the mirrors, levers, bar ends, frame sliders, and flush mounts in "carbon". We all sat down and agreed that would be his favorite thing other than having it back together.

16. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

seems threads like this get lost in between all the finger pointing and flaming/bashing threads. nice reminder of the what the motorcycle racing community is all about. :up:

17. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

This place rocks:bow:

18. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

Good work folks

19. fzr400tony

fzr400tony can't ride

What a cool thing for you guys to do.

20. ChilBlake

ChilBlake Well-Known Member