1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new Helmet

Discussion in 'General' started by Jugglenutz, Jan 19, 2005.

1. Jugglenutz

Jugglenutz Well-Known Member

The old one doesn't feel safe...it's an icon...and incredibly comfortable..but it already took a good bump to the noggin and i don't feel like using it unless i have to...any good deals on red helmets that have great safety ratings and DO NOT FOG UP like this dumb icon does all the time!

2. (diet)DrThunder

(diet)DrThunder Why so serious, son?

Darrin has some great deals I believe...I'm sure he'll be along shortly.

3. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

I'm here, but can't do anything in the General section.

Jeff, email me [email protected]

4. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

I've been very happy with my Scorpion, so far. The clear and smoke colored shields have some sort of antifog agent applied to them (They call it "Everclear"). I have tried, but haven't been able to fog mine up yet.

You can also get mirrored shields, but those don't have the antifogging (I think).

Its comfortable - not like my Shoei, but comfortable. The liner is removable, which is nice for a race helmet. And, of course, its DOT/SNELL approved.

5. 10MM

10MM Action Reaction

I'll second the no fog on the Scorp, although I've yet to get any real world feedback on the protection side of the equation - but by far the best no fog I've seen.

6. YAM#849

YAM#849 y'all watch this...

I've got a Fog City fogshield in my Arai, and I've used it down to temps in the 40's with high humidity- no problems.

7. Chip

Chip Registered

I have a killer deal going on Shoei Z-II's.......Check the website....

8. (diet)DrThunder

(diet)DrThunder Why so serious, son?

Fo sho on the Fog City. These things are absolutely impervious to fog...good stuff.

9. SpEd

SpEd poor impulse control

Go and try on a Suomy. I just got mine two weeks ago and love them. Very comfortable, very light and well made. They also claim that they will not fog up. I haven't tried either helmet in cold weather yet so I can't guarantee that.

10. gixserman

gixserman Well-Known Member

11. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Try Chris Lake at WFO in Jersey...973-579-5103:beer:

12. peterhaulintail469

peterhaulintail469 Orange-u Racing 469

my FM helmet fogged up in high heat/humid temps at the Mid-O Endurance race last year... I would raise the visor after the Carousel.....It was god awful after the back straight, by the time I was coming out of the top of the Esses it was fogged up again till the front straight. Then by the time out of T1 it was fogged again. It's a biotch riding in rain and keeping it upright and one hand on the visor to air it out at the same time. Thunder Valley was a nightmare with my FM on.

I didnt have any other problems, other than that day in mixed wet/drying hot humid weather.

13. Seven+2 1's

Seven+2 1's Well-Known Member

I've got a suomy spec-1 extreme and it fog's like any other. I say get one that fit's and get the fogshield...........

14. SpEd

SpEd poor impulse control

good to know. just go and get the fog city, it is made by the same people that import suomy to the us.