1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. I have a very custom revision 2 grip being 3D printed right now sig 365. Scanned and printed a stock grip as I couldn’t find one in stock. Modified it with spot putty, and clay to get a good molding of my hand then smoothed it out a bit, scanned it and off to the printer. Revision one was a bit too much like my hand imprint and didn’t allow as much movement as I wanted.
    I need a life or the ability to just leave shit alone. People like me

2. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

No, no regerts, as I've not shot this one yet, nor had I heard about the Mete until your post.
    Buddy has the Walther Fancy Match Q5. Broome has both Q5 and this Canik. For $520 as an entry price, i'm willing to check it out.
    Worst case, it's a range gun. Best case, it's a 3-gun competition gun for me to start with.

Gorilla George likes this.
  3. Is that actually a thing? Have people been at the range and had someone give them shit about that?

4. Yeah, there is some sort of language in there to that effect (IIRC). Something along the lines of like "Can be shouldered briefly" or some shit. I dont remember exactly, but I do remember there being something in there that says you can, in certain situations, for a short amount of time.

5. Dude, willing to bet you love it...especially for the price.

Ive never said they are the best guns on the market. Ive said they are the best for the price. That kind of price and they come with a speed loader, 3 mags, a holster, all kinds of shit.

I rank it higher than the FN 509-LS Edge, and the FN was almost 3x the price.

assjuice cyrus and Jedb like this.
  6. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

I'm sure it will be fun, and my buddy's going to bring his Walther Q5 to the range so we can both do a side by side comparison.
    I know it's not the "best gun" on the market, but willing to hedge toward best value.
    Mine had 1x 10 rounder, 1x 20 rounder and 1x 33rounder.

I was stoked to get the gangsta mag... Now I need some side-sites..

[​IMG]

sbk1198 likes this.
  7. Holyfuckingshit :crackup:

8. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

9. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

You Two need knock this shit off. I'm trying to hold off for an Acr, but you two keep posting about those damn canik.

10. Aside from being a money making scheme, I still don't understand why any of this is even a thing anyway.

Adding a vertical grip, shouldering it, etc...all those things do is make it more stable, easier to control, and more accurate. So what is wrong with that? Why does it matter?

And as far as someone coming up to me on the range and being like "You aren't supposed to shoulder that gun", id quickly tell them "you arent supposed to concern yourself with shit that is none of your fucking business".

Anyway, I honestly don't get why any of it matters, or why anyone (including the ATF) would care either way. Except of course, just for the sake of labelling shit SBR so they can get the $200.

RonR likes this.
  11. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

That conversation would definitely get us both a vacation. Let's just leave it at "stupid".

sbk1198 likes this.
  12. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

The the tax stamp per gun?

13. Agreed. It is stupid.

I think it has come up before. I was looking for a logical, rational, non-political reason for it. Like, is there something about the situation I am missing?

There HAS to be a reason why a SBR gets this much attention, and requires so much bullshit, when a pistol and rifle (in the same caliber) does not.

Is their reasoning that "A SBR could be more accurate and hold more rounds than a pistol, while also being more mobile than a rifle, so we need them documented". Something like that?

Is there a logical, valid reason why they think that weapon should be controlled?

Or is it just about money?

14. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

I was concerned about it. I'm seeking more information. I have an AR pistol that I prefer to shoot more but with this pistol brace issue has caused some concern

15. speedluvn

I'm simply trying to gather more information concerning this topic.

16. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

NFA history goes back to the 1930s. You should probably start there.

speedluvn likes this.
  17. speedluvn

I once heard on a documentary that the short barrel rifle dates back to prohibition era and trying to regulate the Thompson sub machine gun and that $200 dollars was a hefty amount during that time.
    So what I'm reading, is that you're willing to be the first ATF test case? :clap::blart:

I'll support you, from afar! :beer: :bow:

18. This might be a stupid question, but how exactly would you "get caught", unless you used the (possibly questionable) weapon for a crime, or self-defense, etc.

In other words, I have never seen random ATF agents walking around the range, spot checking guns and/or how they are used. Never seen one in the gun store going up to people and being like "Is that a vertical grip you have installed on that Pistol?".

I might can imagine a scenario where somebody crosses state lines with a SBR, gets pulled over by a State Trooper, he sees it in the back seat, and perhaps it escalates from there.

In other words, I can't speak for anyone else, but personally I have never seen ATF doing random patrols of ranges and shit. So unless you use it in a crime, or self-defense, how would they ever know? It's sorta like speeding with no cops around. Sure, it isn't legal, but if there are no cops around, how are you gonna get caught speeding?

Disclaimer: Obviously I am not suggesting anyone break the law, or try to weasel their way out of the $200 tax stamp. I am just curious how the ATF actually busts people with these "illegal guns", unless they are used in a crime or self-defense.

19. Meh, fuck it. I don't care that much. :D

Sabre699 likes this.