1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

@wera313 you were shooting a 10" ar to 600 yards?? even at prone that is super impressive. what size plates were you hitting??

wera313 likes this.
  2. wera313

wera313 Well-Known Member

Yes, thanks. Muzzle velocity was 2,197fps on the 10” AR. Tricky because I was using an Eotech with G33 magnifier. Target was 2/3 IPSC size. So used the target size to estimate holdover. Helped that we had light winds at half value or better for the day.

3. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

granted im super jelly of your outdoor range with some nice distance. Last time i did that was a year ago during thanksgiving

4. wera313

wera313 Well-Known Member

I’m lucky to live within a few public and private ranges within 1.5 hours from Denver.

Planning to make a trip to the Cameo long range complex out by Grand Junction soon. Looks to be incredible.

https://cameosec.org/lrp/

jrsamples likes this.
  5. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Daaaaamn.

6. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

Was just reading on idpa shooting competition. Anybody ever shot in one?

7. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

8. Got my wife a Springfield Hellcat for Xmas. Hoping she likes it enough not to shoot me.

Gorilla George likes this.
  9. Trying to. :D

I almost did it last month; I only got 2.

Baby steps. :D

Jedb likes this.
  10. Mine is the same. It is almost dangerous.

For example, I had to make the decision to order the RSQ8. She wanted me to order the Lambo Urus. She was like "If you like it better, just get it. Might as well get what you really want the first time and be happy with it".

Im like "Shit. That is NOT how this is supposed to go". :crackup:

My dealer contacted me because they had a 2022 RSQ8 almost identical to mine come in on trade, with 2000 miles on it. It will take 8 months to get mine, this one I could get now. And this one would be about $19,000 cheaper. The wife was begging me not to do it. She is like "But what about the JuJu? If there is bad energy in it, it is implanted and you can't get rid of it. I know you want one now, but please wait for the new one".

She didn't have to tell me twice. :D

motoracer1100 and RonR like this.
  11. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

IDPA is much more defensive tactics minded compared to the other forms of competitive shooting sports. You'll hear complaints that its too many rules but if you carry in any capacity it will get you to think tactically.

12. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

I haven’t shot idpa but have seen the match layout and talked with the match director. Looks fun. I’ve shot USPSA and really like it a lot. 2G and that are by far my favorites

13. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

Its not just your normal "run & gun" event. You can be penalized for not engaging a target that you exposed yourself to while engaging another target. Its does make you think about target engagement.

14. Shit. I just got an email that Springfield released a XD-M Elite 3.8" Compact OSP, in .45ACP.

10+1 capacity.

I reckon imma have to get one. I see no other option.

15. Saiyan66

Saiyan66 Stand your ground

Bro buy the used one and have it blessed by a priest. Save yourself the $$$$. That pays for your full Ti Akrapovic!

16. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Buy the used one, FFS.
    Go through it with some sage and a shaman, put some chicken blood in a pentagram on the hood, light some candles on the points and save the $19K.
    That would be a nice vacation where you can pet iguanas and peacocks, several new guns, and a bunch of work to keep your back un-fucked and limber (as best can be).

17. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

Get the used one, drive it until the new one comes in and then trade it in to the dealer for what you paid for it. The only money you will lose is what you spend on chickens, sage, a shaman and candles. You really do need to do all of that stuff to deal with the potential for bad ju-ju. The car is probably fine, but it never hurts to make sure the evil is banished or contained.

18. There are two other issues with the used one. It isn't $19k cheaper because they are giving me a discount. Most of that is because it isn't exactly like my build spec.

1. It doesnt have the Carbon Ceramic Brake package. - $10k
    2. It doesnt have the upgraded 23-speaker 2000w sound system. - $5k

So in reality, they are only knocking $4k off the price since it is used.

It isn't the speakers or the watts that I need, its the little speaker robots. With that upgraded sound system, when you turn it on these little 2 speaker robots pop up out of the front corners of the dash. That shits super funny to me. I need those robots.

Aside from that, the main part of the excitement is taking the plastic off everything, first time washing it and putting gas in it, etc. All of that shit will be ruined with it being used.

The used one isn't really THAT much cheaper. That $19k is only about 11-12% of the total cost. For me to give up those options and that newness, it would have to be like $50k cheaper or some shit.

I can't see spending that kind of money on a used car. Even if the car is the same, and it is still "like new"...it isn't new.

noles19 and RonR like this.
  19. Is that a thing?

Shit. That isn't a bad idea. I wonder if they would go for that.

Im not really in a bind for the car. My SVR doesnt even have 15k miles on it yet. So I am fine driving it till the new one shows up. But if I can get that one, then trade it in for what I paid for it, that might be something I would do.

20. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Mankind's limitations?