1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. Shield Arms is running a special where you get a free Hoodie with every firearms purchase.

2. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

not a reason to buy a gun lol

Gorilla George likes this.
  3. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

I think that it is a left over rule in the Geneva Convention. Hollow points are barred in the agreement, but it's another rule that is ignored.

4. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

I've heard of instances in
    Compact. 12 GA igniting about 2 inches from your face. My KSG has been flawless. Lots of firepower.

5. What is this "reason" thing you speak of? :D

DucatiBomber likes this.
  6. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

So, you now have 37 hoodies?
    :D

7. wsmc 589

wsmc 589 Well-Known Member

The Geneva convention covers law enforcement?

8. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Pretty sure that it does not, but I've heard that it is the basis for the exclusion on expanding bullets in LE.

9. wsmc 589

wsmc 589 Well-Known Member

I’ve never heard of a law enforcement agency not being able to use “hollow tips”. In fact, most require it. The military are using them as well.

10. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

11. :crackup:

12. MHRSpeedy

MHRSpeedy Well-Known Member

Thanks to this thread I finally made my first trip to the indoor gun range a couple days back. I have a Bersa 380 from the early 2000’s and a CZ P10c OR which I’d never shot previously. Of course I had a blast and in true beeb fashion, immediately came home to buy more stuff lol. I ordered a Banshee 300 9mm cuz my buddy rented an MPX for the range and I thought it was sweet. Any must have mods for my small but growing arsenal? It’s mainly home defense and range fun, no edc for me unfortunately.

13. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

My agency went from Federal HydraShock to Speer Gold Dot due to hydrashock fragmenting and essentially disintegrating upon striking hard objects. I don’t know any agency that carries ball other than training because of the ballistics in penetration. Round dependent, hollow points are deadlier upon 1st strike and safer from through and through.

wsmc 589 likes this.
  14. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

15. Jedb

16. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I haven't looked into Franklin's design, but essentially its a forced reset trigger. The bolt coming back forward pushes the trigger back to reset. So basically you just hold down pressure on the trigger and it continuously pushes back to reset automatically. It's still 1 bullet fired per trigger cycle, it just more or less allows the gun to fire as fast as it can semi-automatically.

[​IMG]

17. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

So if one trigger pull results in multiple rounds down range I don’t think the ATF is wrong in this action. Semi auto firearms require you to relieve pressure from the trigger for reset. From the description of this trigger that is not required. If there is Someone that owns one I’d liked to be educated
    Thanks

18. Jedb

The Franklin Armory version has 1 shot on pull (like normal) and the second shot on release.
    @SPL170db I'm reading your description for Rare Breed as "pull and hold" where Franklin is pull (shot) and release (shot2).

Am I reading your description correct?

19. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

Well , going by the picture of there product in that article. It is clearly a combination trigger and auto sear in one, and not just a trigger . How in the Hell they thought that would pass is beyond me . By using using it with a M-16 bolt carrier you clearly have a full auto weapon . :eek::rolleyes:

dobr24 likes this.