1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. Tough call, I don’t have one yet. I went to get one and they didn’t have one. That’s how I ended up with the X5 Legion.

Is it the XL?

I believe the p365 (non-XL) is the same size as the Hellcat. If that’s the case, the “Medium” one should work (that’s what I have for the Hellcat)

2. Yep. Essentially the same result.

3. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Damn, what a terrible time to start reloading.

sbk1198 likes this.
  4. DaveB

DaveB Just Riding Around

Very true. But I just got lucky and traded some work for 2K or large rifle primers. LGS has been getting some powder in here and there and I've been grabbing some when possible and have found some bullets as well. It sucks to have to search that hard but still worth it.

speedluvn and sbk1198 like this.
  5. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

Indeed it is. But it’s better than paying $3-$4 a round for off the shelf stuff that’s not even match grade stuff. Since I already had a bunch of brass cases saved up which can be reused several times, once I get the primers I’ll be at about $0.75 per round with ELD match ammo. Not counting the cost of tooling of course but that was cheaper than I expected it to be and I can use it for many years to come on a lot of other calibers too. It just sucks because I keep wasting time searching for stuff since everything was out of stock

DaveB likes this.
  6. Jed

Jed mellifluous

Have you ordered up a race gun yet????

For the 365 get an SAS version. Slick as snot.

7. Heading to the range to shoot the X5L for the first time. The optic just showed up yesterday.

B656AAB2-AFA7-472E-98FC-601F8452E950.jpeg

Ima take the Q5 Match SF and the big Canik too. Plus one more to make it even. I just haven’t decided which one yet. Probably the little Canik so I can get some draw-double tap practice with it, since I’m carrying it a lot more now.

They let me shoot from the draw as long as nobody else is in there (they don’t want to have to explain why I can and they can’t, or deal with people assuming it’s ok). Luckily there is never anyone else there because ammo.

I was trying to hold out so I can take/zero the G17 also, but the fucking slide still hasn’t shown up.

8. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

re: ammo shortage- I'm thinking a lot of these millions of new gun owners will be turned off by the high prices or simply lose interest in their new hobby and mothball or sell their guns.

9. Not yet, but I did decide to dabble into the 2011’s.

I order this one last week.
    https://staccato2011.com/product/staccato-p-dpo/

I’ve never had one of those, so I didn’t want to just bail off into the deep end. Plus if I immediately go with the most badass one, I can’t look forward to more shopping and upgrades.

I have this extra Deltapoint Pro here since I ended up ordering the pre-cut slide and Trijicon for the Glock. But instead of using it, I just ordered another one from their site. If you order the gun, optic, and “tactical kit” (which is just the mounting plate and cowitness sights), they will install all of it and zero it. So when I get it, it will be ready to go.

If I’ll like this one, then I’ll get the next one up. So on and so forth.

10. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

So, we should be prepared to swoop in and buy some sweet firearms for pennies on the dollar in about 6-8 months? Deal. I am looking for a Springfield 1911 EMP Champion Contour in 9mm.

Gorilla George likes this.
  11. Hopefully that’s the case. If it does happen, we could see a complete reversal. Those people could potentially flood the market with guns and ammo, driving the cost down even lower than before.

12. Chango

Chango Something clever!

I can see that being more likely with ammo than guns. A bunch of people may keep their shiny new guns "just in case" even though they can't find ammo right now. Or maybe I'm just making shit up as usual.

13. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

Federal ammo stock continues to rise

14. Photo

Photo Well-Known Member

Someone that bought their first gun for "protection" may never get back to or ever making it to a range again . So the first 50 round box of ball ammo or a 20 round box of defensive ammo they bought when purchasing the gun will last a lifetime.

sbk1198 and Gorilla George like this.
  15. sbk1198

Damn! Shit’s getting real now lol

16. :D

17. sbk1198

So how’s the X5 Legion? First impressions?

18. I’ll let you know in a few mins. I’ve been playing with Ruger (my range friend :) )

19. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

6.5 Creedmoor? What brass do you have?

20. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Oh fuck you actually bought one? :crackup:I feel accomplished now.