1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

I guess I overestimated criminals and tried to apply logic to their behavior lol

The guys I work with always give me shit for living in an area that's considered sort of "ghetto-ish" and they told me hearing gunshots around here wouldn't be too uncommon. Been here for 3 years so far and haven't had or seen any issues. There has been a couple of times when I've heard what might've been gunshots somewhere farther in the distance, but not sure. Could've been fireworks too. Hard to distinguish from indoors when it's far away too. One time I saw a forensics team along with police and ambulance about 4-5 houses down from me during the day, but no idea what actually happened.

2. GixxerJohn011

GixxerJohn011 Well-Known Member

3. DmanSlam

DmanSlam Well-Known Member

It's all good. Reminds me of Leslie Nielsen in "Naked Gun" saying "nothing to see here" at the fireworks store. Haha. I live in a very decent area where housing prices are ridiculously through the roof yet twice last year there were crime scene investigations in wooded areas.

4. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Ummm...OK. Care to elaborate ??

5. Haha. Beside the car wash there is a stream, and sometimes it’s some ducks there.

I went halfway down and a big duck starting coming to me. I thought I was gonna get to play with him, then a car drove by and he ran off. :mad:

6. Sabre699

Be cool with the ducks...they'll peck the shit outa ya. :D

Gorilla George likes this.
  7. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

I saw that a 1,000 case of Blazer 115 was selling for $500 yesterday. Fuck everything about that.

8. sbk1198

And that's about as good as you'll see lol Probably sold in minutes. I just got my 250 aluminum Blazer ammo delivered half an hour ago. Paid $131 including shipping and tax. That's about the most I'm willing to pay and only did it cuz I had almost no 9mm left. Not a fan of aluminum cases.

The other day some dude posted locally 500 rounds of Winchester 9mm 115gr FMJ for $340 or that he would like to trade for a push mower, preferably Honda or Husqvarna. As it happens, I haven't used my Honda push mower in almost a year since I got a battery one so I've been thinking of selling it anyway. I thought PERFECT! I have exactly what this guy wants. It was a $400 mower when I got it new about 6-7 years ago and hasn't been used all that much, still works perfectly fine. After a few messages he was like "I can't trade the full amount for that mower, the value just isn't quite there". I wanted to say "motherfucker you probably paid $100 for those 500 rounds cuz I'm sure you've been sitting on them for a long time, this was a $400 mower that you can use for productive stuff for years to come. I'll shoot those 500 rounds in like 2 hours at the range and then I got nothing! If anything you should be trading 1000 rounds for it, but I'll let it go for just 500 cuz we live in crazy times!". Unreal...

9. Sabre699

Fucking greed.

10. I agree...

....but I would have bought it. :crackup:

11. Jed

Jed mellifluous

That's major pew pew there. DAA stuff?

12. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

Be careful, they bite.

13. Im the animal whisperer. :D

14. Sabre699

Talk loud oh whisperer...ducks'll peck your ass.

Gorilla George likes this.
  15. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

So, you have to tell us some of the times they didn’t understand your whispering?

By the way, did you ever go back and find the donkey?

16. I’ve never been attacked or bitten by anything (aside from puppies playing).

There have been times when I couldn’t get an animal to come to me, but it was random times when walking or riding by a field. I feel like with enough time, I could get them to come to me.

I have never met a dog that didn’t like me. It’s funny because I’m sure there are lots of people that don’t like me :D ....but I never have a problem with dogs.

You wouldn’t believe the time and effort I have into my cow friends across the street. It was a long and tedious process, but we are tight now. :D

My donkey friend. :) Yes and no. I have ridden my bike down there 4-5x, but haven’t been able to find where I was that day (I was lost when I stumbled across him).

I know it was a side road off an exit that had gas stations visible from the interstate. But I turned several times that first day (thinking one of those roads would lead me back to the interstate). I haven’t been able to retrace my path. :(

Senna and Boman Forklift like this.
  17. I need to get the wife to send me some pictures she has of us at the petting zoos. It’s funny because it will be a bunch of 3-5yr old kids...and me at 6’2”, 215lbs. Haha. I look like a damn gorilla surrounded by the little kids.

And I’ll be getting mad at them. “Move kid, you’ve had your turn”. :crackup:

Boman Forklift, Senna and sbk1198 like this.
  18. wsmc 589

wsmc 589 Well-Known Member

My 3 gun rig is mostly safariland with a long shadow holster. My USPSA/ steel challenge is mostly DAA stuff.

Jed likes this.
  19. sbk1198

How did it go? Or is tomorrow?