1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. wsmc 589

wsmc 589 Well-Known Member

You don’t say.....

Attached Files:

Canadian Bacon, Senna and Jed like this.
  2. wsmc 589

Although the Edge is no longer being produced. The XL is far superior. Especially in tuxedo lol!!

3. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

I'm not talking about cocking the hammer? Trigger reach is something else entirely.

Gorilla George likes this.
  4. Jed

Jed mellifluous

Good enough, but not an Edge.

Is that ported?

5. wsmc 589

No. Lightning cuts.

6. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

I had to double check a couple of mine. The blacks on the magwell were slightly off colour from the mags. And some of the mags were different from each other.
    Hopefully yours aren't that way...

7. If so, I’m fucked.

motoracer1100 likes this.
  8. Hell, even the 21rnd mag is barely visible out of the X5L. They could have easily included a 24rnd mag and it would still look “natural”.

9. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

When you get the red dot on it and take it to the range, put a GoPro on your head and let's see the video of all the zombies and terrorists you're gonna annihilate with it!

Gorilla George likes this.
  10. :crackup:

11. I was hoping to go tomorrow, but I’m still waiting on all the shit.

The SRO for the Glock got here from Trijicon yesterday, but I haven’t received the milled slide yet. And I’m waiting on the Romeo for the X5L.

I upgraded to Priority Overnight on all of it, but only the SRO showed up on time.

It’s probably because of all this winter storm shit. Me and the wife do the “Eat To Evolve” meals. They always arrive on Tuesday (meals for both of us for 7 days), but they never showed up. FedEx shows them still in Kentucky.

We spoke to the people at ETE and they said we will have to discard the meals if/when they arrive. It’s been too long. So they will ship next weeks meals for free (which is cool, since the delay wasn’t even their fault).

12. sbk1198

Yep, it's the storms. I got an email from FedEx about it saying there's going to be delays with anything that involves the Memphis hub. The Kimber you sent was supposed to arrive here this morning, and it went the opposite direction to Memphis and only arrived there a couple of hours ago :/ Funny thing is they still have the status as "Delivery by end of the day Thursday, the 18th" LOL Considering it's 8:30 pm and the gun store is closed, I'm gonna say that's not gonna happen lol

13. Yeah, I wouldn’t bet on it. :D

14. wsmc 589

Got my first 3-gun match this weekend. Been working shotty reloads. I might suck but getting to wear this rig makes me feel all John Wicky inside.

Attached Files:

Triple X, Montoya and Gorilla George like this.
  15. sbk1198

Good luck! Looks like you're well-prepared! Pics of the shotty and the AR? :) I've been told that you can be amazingly fast and accurate with all 3 guns but if you fumble the shotgun reloads it can make a big difference like being in the top 10% or not even in the top half in some cases.

wsmc 589 likes this.
  16. wsmc 589

I’ve heard the same thing. Shotgun is nothing fancy. Super Black Eagle with a little work. Rifle is a Larue but I’m thinking of taking the Nightforce 1-8 off my 308 to replace the Swarovski 1-6. 556 has a timinny trigger. That’s about it.

Attached Files:

Triple X and sbk1198 like this.
  17. sbk1198

At least it's a semi-auto! I love my Mossberg 500 but I'd be slow as shit with it cuz it's a pump action, let alone taking like 15 seconds probably to reload 5 shells only since that's all it holds lol I was willing to do it anyway just for the fun of it and willing to accept getting last place lol...but then Covid ruined all those plans. Can't afford to do a 3-gun competition with the current ammo prices :( Curious how many rounds in total you'll end up going through and what distances are going to be for each of the guns. Let us know how it goes.

wsmc 589 likes this.
  18. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

nx8 or atacr? How does 1x or so work on the LVPO with FFP? my nx8 2.5-20... I know totally different scope but seemed like the reticle became so small it'd be slow/tough to see unless you had the illumination on... or do you never have it on 1x

19. wsmc 589

Atacr tremor 3. I know the system so even though the recital is busy I don’t mind on 1 power. I think the nightforce one power is more true than the swarovski however Horner developed it for 3 gun so I just might leave it on.

Also, I gotta add my offsite irons. I think I would use those for anything with in 15 and keep the scope at 2. Then again, I have no idea what the hell I’m doing lol.

20. wsmc 589

Me too. I’ll have a bunch with me but I think the prices are going to keep the squads low.

I have a prc match the following weekend. Most of those guys reload so I’m guessing the numbers won’t be lower than usual.