1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

i thought he found a store with some ammo left lol

Gorilla George likes this.
  2. Chango

Chango Something clever!

Maybe it's a Broome thing. You could try looking less shifty...

3. You might be on to something. :D

4. Damn .45ACP defensive ammo going for 1.50+/round in some places. :eek:

I could make some good money by selling some of my stock. :D

5. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

Sell the omega because it’s in stock most of the time I need them. It seems to be ok and shouldn’t cause any damage. It just expands in the chamber.

6. DmanSlam

DmanSlam Well-Known Member

Hey Ron. Just reading this. That's good to know. I'll just buy one and be done with it.

7. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

if anyone is looking for a thermal. I got a Hogster 35mm and am really impressed with it. I got four hogs this weekend and was easily able to identify them to 200 yards and got a head shot at 150 yards on one of them. They can be had for for a couple hundred off MSRP. I ordered a tripod because I missed some hogs on the run because I was free handed. It also returned to zero after using it as a scanner and then putting on the rifle to shoot the hogs I saw. I think the mount isn't the most robust but has been fine for now. At some point I'll get the bobro mount.

I've used a Pulsar apex 50 and pulsar xm38 before and the hogster may not have been as clear at the xm38 but I felt like I wasn't held back at all for my uses.

8. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

I have been looking at a bolt action 350 Legend. I don't need it and I am not sure I even have a use for it, but it is interesting and I like 35s. It has limited range and limited velocity, but I still am thinking I should get one.

9. Went to the gun store just to grab some cleaning pads, and ended up coming home with these.

I saw they had a Springfield Saint Victor in stock, which is like finding a unicorn these days, so I grabbed it.

The background check was taking too long so I looked around and saw the Ruger PC Charger and grabbed it also.

They received a shipment of both of these earlier in the day, and I got the last of both of them.

E6CD27F6-D390-4F3A-A10B-CDE1CEFBA5EC.jpeg

The Charger takes Glock magazines, so I have a few 33 round magazines coming for it. Then I’ll get them sorted with sights, laser/light combo, etc.

DmanSlam, DrA5, Triple X and 2 others like this.
  10. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

It’s awesome for you to live in an impulse buying state. Probably good for me I don’t.
    I bet your collection is impressive

11. Not gonna lie, it’s nice. :D

The wife’s yoga place is down the road from my fav gun shop. So I’ll go look around while she is doing that. And more times than not, I leave with a new gun.

The background check normally only takes a couple of minutes. A “long wait” will only be 20-30mins. That’s how long I waited this time and ended up grabbing the Charger.

I typically never buy more than 1 a week. While there is no law against it, I don’t want to raise any red flags.

12. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

You may already know this but when more than one hand gun is bought at a time or two in less than 5 or 7 days ( can’t remember) there’s an extra form the dealer has to fill out. A copy goes to the ATF and your local police chief. Not a “ red flag” but certainly puts you on somebody’s radar. I don’t let that slow me down though.

13. It’s funny you mention that, because I JUST finished having a conversation about that with them.

I bought a Rifle version of Springfield Saint AR15 a few minutes ago and I asked him about it.

He said that only applies to handguns.

......and I STILL didn’t get the damn cleaning pads. I keep getting distracted by all the guns. :mad:

14. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

What would you need those for? Just toss the gun when dirty and get a new one (like helmet shields)

Gorilla George likes this.
  15. Good call. :crackup:

16. OldSchlPunk

OldSchlPunk Well-Known Member

WTH does need have to do with anything?!

17. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

Nothing, but I have other rifles I need to shoot more, so adding another one that I would then need to get dies for and work up loads and other stuff just doesn't make much sense, which is why I think I will get it. I will justify it as being a low recoil deer round and can use it for my grand daughters in a few years.

OldSchlPunk likes this.
  18. bullockcm

bullockcm Well-Known Member

Funny, you sound just like me only in my case it is a Ruger 77/44... and the justification is my sons can use it for a low recoiling deer rifle in a few years.

19. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

77/44 is a great rifle. If you don't want to spend money don't look at the integrally suppressed versions. friend has one and it's crazy. I'm talking to a local guy about threading my 96/44 (lever version of the 77/44) and putting my can on it. should work pretty well with 300gr bullets.

20. bullockcm

bullockcm Well-Known Member

Good to hear. Sadly I live in NY.... no common sense noise reduction for me.

gt#179 likes this.