1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. Fuckinhell. So I get an email from gunbroker.com about all kinds of ammo in stock and "on sale", including 9mm...which im sure you know is hard to find right now. So i go check it out....

9mm ammo going from $.80 to $1.20 per round. :mad:

2. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

I picked up the p365 sas ported the other day. That is one stupid accurate carry gun for its size. Been wanting a 365 for awhile and when I saw this model I figured it was time. Picked up a holster and asked about ammo at the local BP and the guy said he was out of pistol ammo before I even mentioned caliber. That’s messed up. I have thousands of rounds but low on defensive carry rounds. They normally go for around a buck a round so I’m sure I’ll find some.

DmanSlam likes this.
  3. buzz-06

buzz-06 Well-Known Member

people are insane with 9mm and .556 pricing at the moment. If you have a dicks sporting goods near you I suggest checking in with them semi frequently. The one local to me has been getting semi regular shipments of 9mm and selling it at right around .27 a round. I bought 1000rds the other week for $275.

Gorilla George likes this.
  4. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Finally got my AR done. Ended up having to order a new barrel, so I stepped up to a White Oak Service Rifle barrel. Now I can also use it for practice this winter @300m. 20200717_181929.jpg

5. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

If I remember correctly, you're in Chattanooga right? The Academy Sports (there are a few) around here have been getting regular shipments in of winchester FMJ 3x/week and are selling them for about $0.20/round. You do have to get there sometime in the first half of the day if you want to be assured to get your hands on some and there is a 3 box limit. But depending on your work schedule, you could drive a couple hours up my way one morning and hit like 3 stores and be back home around lunch time with 450 rounds. Not sure how desperate you are but that's an option. If you want I could also pick you up some ahead of time and you just grab them from me on your way back home. This is how I got restocked. Just hit the store 5 minutes up the street from me a few times over a couple weeks. It's not the greatest ammo but it's not steel and is decent enough for range practice.

6. Kev59

Kev59 Well-Known Member

Same just south of Charlotte. Deliveries everyday but Tuesday. Even better that the local Academy is only 200 yards from my office.

7. Thanks for the offer, I appreciate it. But I’m not in a bind. I’ve been stocking up for a while now. I just find some of the obvious price gouging ridiculous.

If I go to my typical store to get a gun, I’ll grab a few boxes of 9mm and .45 while I am there. But in general I order it online.

8. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

Just picked up a Glock 43x.
    Fit was natural.
    Not a pocket gun.
    Looking forward to time on the range.

DmanSlam likes this.
  9. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Get a Johnny Glocks trigger. You’ll love.....

vizsladog and Hawk518 like this.
  10. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

anyone know where you can get some decent AR parts. I've got an SBR'd lower and a 12.5 barrel. Might as well put it together before things hit the fan. or maybe looking at just getting a BCM upper

11. Quicktoy

We use a lot of palmetto state stuff for our builds.

12. It is a nice gun, but something about Glock ergos doesn’t fit well with me. I typicality carry the Hellcat over the 43x.

The Hellcat is just a little smaller (not much, I think the 43x barrel is about 1/2” longer.

BTW - Shield Arms makes a 15rd magazine for the 43x. I grabbed 4 of them earlier this year.
    https://shieldarms.com/glock-43x-48-15-round-mag

13. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

If you shop around, you can find the parts you want, if you're not stuck on certain specifics. I built one on Aero Precision upper/lower, PSA bcg, Larue trigger, WOA barrel. The barrel and buffer/stock were the only 2 items I really had to search for and settle for alternatives to what I originally had in mind. I bought from probably 7-8 different places to get it built.

14. ChrisS819

ChrisS819 Member

I use Optics Planet, AIM Surplus, or Joebob Outfitters.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

socalrider likes this.
  15. pfhenry

pfhenry Well-Known Member

So I'm getting back my 1970s colt python my dad owned.. keep it for how many years before selling now that a new model is out.

16. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Id have a hard time selling a sentimental item like that but that’s just me. If I had to guess, the new ones probably won’t devalue the originals much, if at all. I’ve already read a few places that the new ones have some QC issues. I’m sure those will get worked out but there will always be the diehards who lust after an original so I’m sure they will continue to bring a mint and will just become more valuable with time.

As far as the sentimental aspect, that’s just me. I’ve had 4 guns that were inherited. I traded one to get my own concealed carry gun. It was just a tool my dad had but with no real history or backstory so no real sentimental value to it and my dad would have said get rid of it if it helps you get something that better suits you. The other 3 are a different story. I don’t even like shooting two of them. But can’t bring myself to part with them either.

17. Quicktoy

Buy new model. Never ever ever sell Dads.

DmanSlam and Gorilla George like this.
  18. I might have found my new EDC. Picked up a Springfield XD-9 Subcompact a couple days ago and put ~200 rounds through it today.

The ergos are much better (for me) than the Glock 43X, and the trigger is a metric assload better than the Hellcat.

The extended magazine gives it a 16+1 capacity, but more importantly the extra length makes it fit my hand perfectly.

Plus the barrel is just a little longer than the Hellcat, and the reach to the trigger is longer, so my finger falls into place more naturally.

Size wise, it falls somewhere between the Hellcat and the Sig P320 Compact.

19. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

Found a complete PSA upper they had that had everything I needed for my 12.5 barrel. Just gonna swap out the barrel on the PSA upper for the 12.5 I have and be good to go. I have an old surefire fa556ar suppressor so I need the 12.5 for min length.

Quicktoy likes this.
  20. vizsladog

vizsladog Well-Known Member

Jhonny glocks is the only trigger you should put in your glock. His are amazing.

Quicktoy likes this.