1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

For sure, 100% agree!

rk97 likes this.
  2. sbk1198

Well then let me take that off your hands so I can make a similar mistake! :D How much? lol

3. sbk1198

Technically this thread was originally about handguns ;) But I'm the same way. I prefer to shoot rifles. However the main reason I shoot pistol a decent amount is because for one, I need the practice, but mainly because my range is 2 hours and 20 minutes away. When I go it's almost an all-day thing, because if I'm driving that far, I'm gonna take everything with me and spend some time shooting pistol, shotgun, AR, and long range with the bolt rifle. So I spend around 3.5-4 hours at a time. I take the amount of ammo I want to use, no more, no less, that way when I'm out I leave. Out of all that time, pistol shooting accounts for only about 30 minutes max. Shotgun probably like 15 minutes. The rest is rifles.

rk97 likes this.
  4. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

Holosun 510c came in. Seems like a nice optic for the price and intended use. Not having to worry about the batteries like an Eotech is a huge plus, now just need to see it's durability but I think it'll handle being thrown around in the truck fine.

Jedb likes this.
  5. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

The holosuns are good stuff

6. Jed

Jed mellifluous

Did you ever get to play around with that Tavor?

Quicktoy likes this.
  7. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I like Quentins list and own many high quality pistols, but I'll have to admit I have a weakness for some of the ones that received a less than stellar review. My Taurus G2C is a fun little gun that I can throw in a backpack and not have to worry about getting scratched. And it shoots damn well. One of my favorites is this OG Bersa that I picked up at a pawn shop. It's basically a PPK clone and fires perfectly every time. Would I trust my life to these...sure.

[​IMG]macbook keyboard test

Last edited: May 29, 2020
    scottn, d_alexand and Steeltoe like this.
  8. Quicktoy

I didn’t get to shoot it but it’s a cool gun. It’s big and bulky but seems well built. I liked their plastic on it. The rotating mag tubes were very cool.

9. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Did you get the green or the red?

10. Steak Travis

red figured it'd be better for the woods

11. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

My Brother has one, he brought it down and we ran a few rounds, it is a fun gun.. he has it suppressed and some ELCAN optic (he is way deep in this kind of thing) uses it for hog hunting..

Quicktoy likes this.
  12. Quicktoy

The 12 gauge Brit

13. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Jealous. I want an Elcan in a bad way. Just can’t justify the price vs. magnification options, especially compared to the vortex options. But damn those things are nice. And basically indestructible. If they ever get down around the $1200 mark I will have one.

14. Just scored a never fired Sig p320 compact rxp for an absolute steal. Someone who knew someone who needed cash fast, don’t care what he needs it for and not my problem. I got proper paperwork with it. I asked what else he wanted to sell and gave him my # :). I’m a bit under the weather but if I feel better I’ll try to shoot it tomorrow.

15. Steak Travis

Elcan's are cool. I had one a couple years but they are on the heavy side and some better options these days. The top rear back up sight didn't last long before it fell off. Mine stayed on 4x nearly all the time.

[​IMG]

16. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Based on my experience with competition shooting, I’d highly recommend trying it first before dumping cash into it.

I dumped more than $3K into two Shadow 2s + all the goodies, holsters, etc. I was certain I really wanted to focus on competition shooting. I really liked our local USPSA matches.

But then, I went to a larger match. There is SO MUCH idle time at one of those things. You truly are burning 8 hours for maybe 5 actual minutes of shooting time. It fucking sucked, especially when my local range would allow me to practice dynamic shooting whenever I want with essentially my own private bay.

I’d also recommend just shooting Lim Major if you really get into it. Production felt kinda dumb with the 10-round mag cap and a Shadow or Tanfo with the goodies is pretty darn close to used 2011 prices. Nothing shoots like a 2011 with a PT Evo Grip.

sbk1198 likes this.
  17. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

If you ever get the chance, definitely try out a well-tuned competition gun. It’s not going to cover up issues with your shooting fundamentals, but what I can do with a CZ TSO at 20 yards vs. a Glock 19 is ridiculous. That margin narrows with something that fits my hand a bit better like an M&P, but still.

18. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Sorry, no it was the 5.56...

19. Quicktoy

I figured that’s what you were talking about. We had a customer get the shotgun in. Was bulky but cool

20. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Speaking of SG's, I got this FN pump awhile back for doing some work...looks like a Ithica 37 Fk'ed an Old AR.. silly shit.
    FNH USA Tactical Police Shotgun (has the telescope stock).