1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

I'll say it....Glock 42.

triplestrong likes this.
  2. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

I have the two .380's below. The LCPII is a heck of a gun and you can't go wrong with it. I picked up the Springfield 1911 .380 on the bottom recently and have yet to shoot it but it feels really good in my hands.

A well balanced 9mm will not have bad recoil. I would try out some of the new compact 9mm guns too.

[​IMG]

3. CausticYarn

CausticYarn Well-Known Member

Oooh
    That Springfield looks niiiice.

I have not liked any 9mm I have had in my hands, they have always generated the same performance anxiety. It just makes me grit my teeth in anticipation. I don't need something that big for self preservation anyways.

4. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

:stupid:

But I'm kinda lusting after the new Walther PPK/S. Just because.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I like my PPK/S, can pretend I'm Bond, Mongo Bond. James' older fatter pie eating brother :D

DucatiBomber, Jedb and BrianC636 like this.
  6. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

terminus est and triplestrong like this.
  7. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Steeltoe likes this.
  8. rd400racer

Don't laugh. This is a damn nice pistol and hardly a Saturday Night Special. Bersa was founded by three engineers that left Beretta and started their own company. These early one's are especially nice. Not one thing cheap about them.

Oh, and I had a Walther PPK/s. This Bersa is 98% of that quality at less than half the price.

9. CausticYarn

Strangely enough - I held one of those yesterday while getting trigger locks.
    It felt good in my hand - but I'd need an extended clip to feel really comfortable with it - likely true with most .380 pistols.

10. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Magazine.

BrianC636 likes this.
  11. CausticYarn

It's a piece that holds the ouch and jams into another piece that makes the bang that I never remember what to call it.

12. CausticYarn

We can see why I never cleaned my firearms properly now?

13. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Look at the bottom of the post I quoted

14. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

15. rd400racer

:crackup:

I didn't even see that. For some reason when I use Postimage it attaches crap like that. I have no reason why.

16. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

These little guys replace the magazine floorplate and are worth their weight in gold.

http://www.pearcegrip.com/Products/GLOCK/PG-42

With
    [​IMG]

Without
    [​IMG]

CausticYarn and sanee like this.
  17. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

[​IMG]
    TNW 10mm
    [​IMG]
    First two 15 round magazines, didn’t touch a dial on the sig red dot.

triplestrong likes this.
  18. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Highly recommend checking out the M&P Shield 9mm....I think it's the biggest frame I'd recommend for a chic who wants to carry it.
    Heck, I got it for concealed carry, it's small in my manly man hands :D but with the extended "clip" it fits comfortably.

What distance? How you liking that Romeo5??? I really like mine, no real experience with any others but it seems to work really well so far on my M&P15-22. Mine was off, high and to the right at 15 yds out of the box.

Today, my shooting bud and I went to the range again, finally got my Romeo5 dialed in pretty well at 50 yds, and was literally one-two dot widths off at 100 yds.

At 50 yds using pistol target.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 5, 2019
  19. triplestrong

triplestrong Well-Known Member

Nice piece, and I really dig the pistol cal carbines. But if they could just match the magwell a bit better to the actual mag it would make it a much sweeter looking gun. Function over form, yes, most times.

20. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

That was only 10 yards offhand and about where I'd expect it to be with its height above the barrel if it where near zero. I think the Romeo5 is the shit, for the money or 3-4 tims the money. The price plus the Alabama Arsenal video review sold me. I'm going to buy at least one more for my 300 blackout pistol build forgoing backup sights.

XFBO likes this.