1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Tanks. I have a carbon 15 in 9mm, but those CMMGs come in plenty of calibers, esp the 45, even a blackout. I never could find a use for the 5.7. IMO this config with a light and pp laser is one of the best nightstand guns.

2. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Actually more:

40 S&W
    22LR
    5.7X28MM
    9MM (GLOCK)
    9MM (COLT)
    45ACP
    5.56X45MM
    6.5 GRENDEL
    300BLK
    7.62X39MM
    308WIN
    .458SOCOM

3. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Wish I'd kept that pallet of 762-39 ammo now.

4. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

The blackout in subsonic with a can would be a nice addition.

5. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

Gotcha. When it came out it was 5.7, I didn't know it expanded to other calibers.

6. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

The hand gun is great to market to women. Loud as crap but super easy to shoot and accurate at the 100 yard range. I have a select fire P90 that is an absolute blast to shoot with a can on it. It’s very loud without.

jrsamples likes this.
  7. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

Shooting through body armor effectively although the Liberty Civil Defense 10mm 60 grain high velocity stuff is just as effective.

I thought about a 5.7 a few times but in the end I wasn’t sold either.

I do have two 10mm TNW Aero Survival Pistols arriving Tuesday, one with just the padded buffer tube and a 8 inch barrel and one with a, ahem, “brace “ with a 10.25 inch barrel. Looking forward to playing with those. They use glock magazines.

BA585771-5C23-4C6F-AE9B-AC5D0DCC36D1.jpeg

blkduc likes this.
  8. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I’ve thought about getting one of these and one of those new Glocks with the 19 slide and 17 grip so I could use the same mags between the two.

9. CausticYarn

CausticYarn Well-Known Member

This weekend I started the breakdown and cleaning process of 2 9mm pistols that haven't been touched in a loooong time. Ignoring your firearms renders them useless - They are oxidized and there is likely no saving them - They spent years just sitting and not being fired. Scrubbed and oiled them as much as possible - but it looks like I am in the market for another pistol.

1) Any recommendations on a .380 for a woman with man-hands? :)

2) What do you do with firearms that are essentially worthless? I could probably save the Sig if I let some of the parts soak in oil overnight and just went at it every few weeks - but the Kel is a brick, too much plastic mixed in with the metal. Not sure things are worth the work at this point.

10. BrianC636

BrianC636 Well-Known Member

I’m sure they’re both salvageable with time. Soak them for several days and try lightly tapping them a nylon hammer to see if they move. I’ve seen some pretty nasty stuff saved before. These can’t be that bad.

If you’ve got man hands, why .380 over 9mm? Just curious based on ammo selection.

Wife has a G42 with Underwood ammo but it’s a little hot for her IMO but she’s a sissy

11. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I thought you got divorced

12. BrianC636

Apparently she’s still in love and I’m a glutton for punishment.

ryoung57 likes this.
  13. CausticYarn

The recoil on the 9mm gives me anxiety - I anticipate my shot and end up pulling and missing the target - especially if they have that long pull. I did fire some rounds through a keltec .32 and really loved it - but I am not digging on the quality of the keltecs. .32 ammo is also just bizarre and hard to come by - might as well go for a .22 at that point.

I want to try out a few .380 pistols to see how they feel in my hands.

ETA: I will try soaking the sig. I got major side eye from the cop that was helping with the breakdown process :crackup:

14. BrianC636

I’d take them somewhere before giving up. The sig especially. Springfield has a new 911 that is chambered in .380 that looks cool. The browning 1911 in .380 is really soft shooting as well.

15. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Unless you tossed them into a salt water pool, I can't imagine they're ruined. Is the steel/aluminum pitted?

16. CausticYarn

Yeah. The kel is pitted pretty badly.

17. CausticYarn

Thanks!
    I think there is a place close to me that cleans firearms, I will look into it.

18. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

No recommendations for number 1, for number 2 assure both are clear & safe to prevent self harm and take one in each hand, then commence to pistol whip your husband while he’s sleeping. Your guns, his guns, no matter, the man of the house deserves it for letting any firearm under his roof get into that state.

After you dispose of the body and the murder weapons out in the backyard send me a PM with a selfie, a plant on your head wearing that quirky smile would be appreciated.

terminus est likes this.
  19. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Try a s&w bodyguard with an extrenda mag. It's small, not much recoil though.

20. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)