1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

2. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

3. wsmc 589

wsmc 589 Well-Known Member

4. diggy

diggy Well-Known Member

Ha, I live in CA and have a troy pump action in 300blk.... Definitely different, I actually like the gun a lot. I just didn't want to deal with registering a firearm or putting pistol grip covers, etc. on there. I do believe that there are really good options out there to keep all of the features while still being featureless. CA made me do it!

5. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

6. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

7. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Anyone see the thermal defense 3D printed silencers? They look very interesting. Pretty good function and stupid light. 22LR-556 in one package. Really high thermal properties apparently the barrel will melt before the silencer. Whats the process to order a silencer again?
    https://thermaldefenseinc.com/products/bantam/
    [​IMG]

8. wsmc 589

Yes. Best can I’ve ever used. Light, blow through, dispenses heat quickly.

dobr24 likes this.
  9. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Stop it! I need more racing less gunning!

wsmc 589 likes this.
  10. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Where are y'all buying leather carry holsters?

11. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

12. tiggen

tiggen Things are lookin' up.

13. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

Got stuck in traffic and a gun store was right there so I pulled in.

Came out with a gen 5 Glock 19 with night sights. I’ve tried them all and glocks just work for me. Should be a good little gun

triplestrong likes this.
  14. wsmc 589

What do you mean tried all of them? What worked better for you in regards to the glock versus all the others?

15. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

I have a Personal preference For glocks on the striker gun over the sigs,HK, cz, m&ps, I’ve shot. The holes appear where I find them acceptable the most amount of times with a Glock.

It should be a more than capable gun for the one hog I shoot with it and paper circles

wsmc 589 likes this.
  16. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Picked this up today, Springfield Armory 911 380. Next to my EDC (Ruger LCP) Fits really nicely in my hand and comes up on target very well for me. Love the sights. I think it’s going to be a nice little pocket pistol. I love the mini 1911 design.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. OldSchlPunk

OldSchlPunk Well-Known Member

I see the Innovative Arms sights and Sweet Pea trigger on the LCP, same as I did with mine. Much better than as delivered. The little Springfield is interesting, saw one at a show. Have you shot it yet? What's it like?

18. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Have not had a chance to shoot it yet but watched tons of reviews and they all seemed positive. I'll report back when I get to the range.

I did the sights, trigger, recoil spring, stainless rod, and new springs for the magazine to allow for an extra shell on the LCP. I pretty much rebuilt the gun to what it should have been from the factory but I get that Ruger has cost issues with doing all that and it still being a good seller. Has been 100% reliable and a really convenient EDC. I forget that it's there most of the time.

19. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Hopefully it does better than mine. I was given a Springfield Micro Compact .45 for my birthday and I find it to be a novelty at best. Almost too much power in too small of a frame. I've been toying with the idea of trading it for a CZ75 but the fact it was a gift is holding me back. It is a classic looking pistol, but I wish it would have been full size.

[​IMG]

20. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

I would think that .45 would be impossible to control in a micro compact! I personally won't carry anything larger than a 9mm in a small frame. I prefer the .380. I know that it doesn't have the firepower of a larger caliber and they don't have the capacity of a larger frame but I don't plan on storming the beaches of Normandy with it. It is literally my "shit has unexpectedly gone horribly wrong" gun and I just need to survive.

cpettit, Sabre699 and rd400racer like this.