I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. Yeah that's what I was getting at :)
    Preferably on something like this
    custom_tle_rl_ii_2016__532x495_1.png

2. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

That’s what I’m hoping for!

3. ryoung57

ryoung57 Well-Known Member

Where'd all these bullet holes in your truck come from?

4. ryoung57

About how much do you have in this? Does it bother you that you can't shoot it with the stock folded?

5. Mine has a light, just a real cheap add on but does the job. Tonight 2 of us are setting up in tree stands. Wind should be perfect and last 2 nights they’ve come right where they need to be. They are getting way too comfortable, they’ll actually cut through my yard. One of them even took a dump in my yard, not kidding. That’s just not right. They have an ideal habit behind my house. All the way down the street there’s about 500-1000 yards deep of woods, then about a 1000 yards deep of brush before it hit the small local airport. 1 or 2 of them flush rabbits and everything else out of the brush into the woods where the others are. We over-layered the various cameras we have set up into a sequence, was pretty cool to see predators like that work. But,,, they also try to do that shit with my dog.

6. ryoung57

Hogs or coyotes?

7. Coyotes. Hogs are on a different piece of property not near my house.

8. triplestrong

triplestrong Well-Known Member

Palmetto had a clearance sale going on the other day on all Kimbers in stock. Not sure if the prices were super awesome. Might be worth a look.

DucatiBomber likes this.
  9. I shot a coyote either last year or two years ago that had a gps collar on it. UGA was doing a study on them to see where the heck they were going and why they were spreading. I’m not sure where they originally trapped this coyote but I shot him in Macon county AL

10. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Did they get pissed that you shot it?

11. I walked up on it and went O SHIT! But called and it was just a study and We sent back the collar and that was it. I thought a man in green was going to sneak up on me
    [​IMG]

renegade17 likes this.
  12. Damn. I not anti coyote but they are at a point they need to be controlled. Dnr has a lottery, every 5 you get you get a raffle ticket. That’s how overpopulated they are. Then they start getting brave. I don’t like brave predators around my house.

13. rogers1323

rogers1323 Well-Known Member

Still do. And I think the prices are pretty good, although I haven't been shopping lately. Most of them were about 30 to 40% off retail.

14. ryoung57

There was a guy on JRE who had studied coyotes. He was saying when you hunt them, they breed more and have bigger litters to repopulate.

15. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

no idea. off the top of my head... $3k maybe? and i thought about that? but mostly i just want it to pack up small, rather that BE totally small, if that makes sense (figuring that if it was ever actually strapped around my chest with a purpose, i wouldn't be trying to carry or use it folded anyways. and when its at the range it doesn't matter. and when its at home locked away it doesn't matter). and since i didn't want to get into all this like ANOTHER hobby/collecting (i have enough expensive hobbies) and only wanted to really do this once, i wanted something with enough variance from the VP9 as far as use/range to make it worthwhile and ACTUALLY different. i was thinking about a Scorpion, and even i know there's that new Sig pistol now or whatever... but the Scorpion felt too close in purpose to me even though its cool, and i already had gone thru the trouble of registering this lower and the paperwork and shit, so i figured i'd just finish it and be done with it.

16. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

You should of put the collar inside your daily driver.
    "Coyote #2767 sure is moving around in some funny places"!

17. Razr likes this.
  18. ryoung57

That was my follow up. There are a handful of available AR based rifles that don’t require a buffer tube and therefore, have fully folding stocks available. Why not go with one of those?

19. ryoung57

20. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

cause i had this lower sitting for like a year and a half or more and i'm lazy and an ass. its not the end of the world, but for pistols in MD you gotta fill out paperwork and do a couple trips to the store, and its annoying. plus, i knew it would just work. Sig stuff... sometimes its amazing, sometimes not. i thought about an IWI, thought about waiting for the Bren 2 (which is out now i guess finally), i looked at B&T but they're fuckin crazy expensive. AR platform is like... if anything breaks, i can find a part in some fashion of quality anywhere. ammo is anywhere. at this point, its been done so many times, the higher end companies stuff are like, flawless. i dunno man. like i said, not really my thing, so i don't really have a good answer. just picked something that would work well and be reliable and always do its job in a round and platform that was common.