1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

He's still not sure how it happened. He suspects there may have been some debris or something that pressed the firing pin safety which allowed it to release w/o being in battery.

He's been in contact with CZ and at first they kind of dismissed him until he said he was on the way to the hospital and they put him on hold to grab a supervisor. They want pics and the video.

Here are some pics he sent me last night.

Its times like this you realize how dangerous and impressive guns are these days. Just thinking about the forces they keep contained is amazing.

Attached Files:

2. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Not the first Scorpion kaboom and won't be the last.

3. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

That gun is interesting but I don’t know what market they are going for.
    Most agencies are going to put 300- 400 rounds through that thing to see how hot it gets and they admit it will fail that test.
    It’s not going to be very accurate long range.
    2 stamps required.
    (I wonder why they didn’t put a pistol brace on it and and save the consumer $200?)
    Can’t wait to see what you think of it.

Ride safe,
    AAron

Last edited: Dec 13, 2018
  4. adrenalist

adrenalist Well-Known Member

Same market the Honey Badger is for. Which, while is niche, isn’t a tiny one according to the clone and authentic ones displayed in some of the gun forum communities.

Any suppressed firearm, integral or standalone, is going to have heat issues from dispelling the gas in an unconventional way. Have there been any integrally suppressed, or conventionally suppressed, firearms that pass that test while doing a good job of suppression?

Accuracy from suppressed firearms depend on the first and last chamber of the suppressor. You don’t want the bullet to be disturbed in either. If the suppressor engineer at LMT has done a good job (who is hailed as a genius by Kevin Brittingham and others who know him), it may turn out pretty damn well. For me, I’ll be curious of the accuracy, but in either of my uses for the gun, it’s definitely not critical.

I would be surprised that anyone in the market for a $4,000 gun would scoff at the difference between $200 or $400 in stamps. I’ve a DD V7P with a pistol brace so I don’t have to worry about state line regs as much, but to be honest, I don’t care for the swing of it. I much prefer the sbr style brace.

5. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

No my point was with this you have no choice.

And $200 is $200.
    Also I thought these were going to be around $3k? Holy cow $4,000?
    That’s a lot of money for a niche gun.

I’m not being critical I can’t be... I like odd ball stuff. Lol. If it’s awesome I might be interested but no way at $4k price point.

Ride safe,
    AAron

6. triplestrong

triplestrong Well-Known Member

Damn, that's rough. What ammo was he using? I know you said factory loaded but, what exactly?

7. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Why not get an MCX? Sig makes a fore grip that goes around the can. It also has a completely folding stock so it stores in less space.

DucatiBomber likes this.
  8. adrenalist

I don’t know how educated you are about suppression, but it seems to be slightly ignorant about their ability to shoot accurately.

I suggest you do some research on them, as you likely will be better informed. Thunder Beast would be a good place to start looking at grouping and moa at yardage. They’ve done some amazing work on the accuracy of suppression.

And I love your “not being critical” line. :D That’s about a believable as the US Treasury putting Ben Franklin on the $100 bill because he invented snorting coke off of a strippers ass.

Love the MCX. Love the way it looks. I’m not too terribly fond of Sig, however. I feel they’ve taken a huge step back in quality to sell in quantity, yet still charge you like you’re getting quality gear. Case in point, I’ve a 220 .45 carry that only has a few mags run through it and I experienced jamming and ejection issues. The MCX and 365 look really tempting, but these days I feel very cautious about giving them my money. If I hadn’t experienced my recent issues, they’d both be in my possession for sure.

9. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

It was either federal or wwb (Winchester white box).

10. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

Ok:crackup:
    Read my original reply again.

Ride safe,
    AAron

Last edited: Dec 13, 2018
  11. adrenalist

Yup, was busy when I wrote that reply so I mixed subtopics, but my reply is still sound even though I was referencing an earlier section of your post. Which is that a suppressed firearm has the ability to be accurate long range.

That being said, it doesn’t seem to be the heat that keeps the leo agencies away. I don’t even see heat being mentioned. It only seems to be the price:

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?206058-LMT-CSW-300-BO

12. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

Is this a thing? My son is about to buy one so I would like to know.

13. triplestrong

triplestrong Well-Known Member

I've never heard of it til now. Did a quick search and found nothing. Maybe Toe can chime in and cite for us? I'm certainly curious.

14. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

I sell these and had not heard of it either. I'm glad I saw this and will definitely be researching it further.

15. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Only saw a couple of instances tbh. But one is too many. Especially when the chassis can't contain it in this case.

16. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

I googled and found some talk but not a lot. I did not click on arfcom but the tards over there have a discussion it appears. I found a thread on a CZ forum talking about it. They seemed to be blaming Freedom ammunition more than anything.

17. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Saw John today and I may go shooting with him and the others tomorrow. I completely forgot about the P7 with what he said they were shooting tomorrow if it drys out. :D

18. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Wear gloves. :D

19. Rhino48

Rhino48 Well-Known Member

Plastic's neat and all until a case blowout.

20. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

Like 40 cal glocks