1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

I bought a set of the Warne 45 degree offset rails, mainly so I could get standard iron sights (not the 45 degree offsets) and use them but then still be able to use them as standard back up sights on non magnified optic rifles. It ends up costing more but you end up with some different options (you could mount an RMR type red dot on one instead of the iron sights, etc).

https://www.brownells.com/optics-mo...s/warne-tactical-45-side-mount-prod57093.aspx

2 Warne 45 degree offset rail mounts and 1 set of standard BUIS would set you up, and then give you some flexibility if you want to change things around.

FYI I looked thru the Burris RT-6 1-6x scope the other day and it's pretty solid for the price. They have a kit that includes the scope, mount and back up Firefly or whatever their little RMR red dot it called. $650 for the whole kit

https://www.burrisoptics.com/scopes/close-quarter-tactical-kits/rt-6-tactical-kit

2. r6khari

r6khari Well-Known Member

I have a P938. It's very reliable and very accurate. I've been pocket carrying it for nearly 7 years and love it, but never owned a P365. Legion version looks nice.

Razr likes this.
  3. triplestrong

triplestrong Well-Known Member

You remember what your 938 cost back then? The price tag on those little suckers is up there at the moment. Worth the bucks? I've been interested in them. I have the 365 now and a g43. The capacity of the 365 is the draw for me. Haven't had a issue with the 365 after a ton of rounds (yet ha).

tropicoz likes this.
  4. r6khari

5. r6khari

Yes, I feel like it was worth the money. I got the extended mag which helped get a better grip on the gun also.

6. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

I love my P938. Unless you're set on a striker fired (which I dislike), the P938 wins in weight and height, so easier to carry but at the cost of 3 rounds.

In the end they're very similar apart from the trigger mechanics. I much prefer a SAO/DAO trigger over striker fired so it was an easy decision for me.

I got mine for a smoking price (under $600 OTD) two tone with 2 mags, holster and hogue finger groove grips from Adventure Outdoors.

casjoker and SpeedyE like this.
  7. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

Glock 20sf is scratching my buy itch. Figure with an aftermarket standard rifling barrel and some 230 grain hardcast ammo it would make for a nice woods companion. Yeah, I know it’s not a 44 or a shotgun with slugs but the reality is at most I’ll see a small black bear and doubt I’d have to use it. But, better to have and not need, and all that.

I can get blue label pricing on Glock, and I’ve never owned one so it seems like the right move. Anyone have one, or have thoughts on 10mm in general?

XFBO likes this.
  8. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

Get the gen 4 G20. It's slimmer than the gen 3 SF without straps and has a much more abrasive grip to handle the hot cartridge. The dual captive guide rod spring also works better to reduce recoil and lasts significantly longer than the single with the inherent hot 10mm loads.

9. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

I've have a G20 SF, love it, one of my two 10mm. you probably want to go with a longer barrel to stabilize a 230 grain hard cast.I have a kkm barrel. Change out the spring/guide rods also. Add some talon grips. You'll find most of the non Underwood/Buffalo Bore ammo is not the 10mm ammo flamethrower stuff the round was originally envisioned as. Check out Fenix Ammo for full bore standard load FMJ and defense. https://fenixammo.com/collections/fxp-defensive-ammo-factory-new/products/10mm-auto-180gr-fxp

For Deer and Hog hunting and woods defense its a great choice IMO, but if you're ever going to consider actual bear hunting look elsewhere, not enough gun.

10. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

Yeah after doing more research it seems like 200 grain HC is a better choice. I’m not looking to hunt with it, just looking for a woods carry gun. Really, I’m just trying to justify this purchase lol.

11. tiggen

tiggen Things are lookin' up.

Shot a Glock 40 the other day. I liked it a lot.

12. prospected

Talking grips and spring/guide swap and you're already more $$ then a gen4 off the rack. KKM barrel? The guy is shooting standard box not mini RPG'S.. :crackup:

13. lizard84

Get real, the grips are inexpensive wraps and the guide rod/springs are standard on any cheap plastic OEM glock. Add to that he specified hard cast which which necessitates the barrel swap, which I might add he already covered in his original post.

Reading comprehension, learn it, live it, love it...

14. prospected

Keep the barrel and breach face clean and you can run hard cast thru a Glock. Run it dry and ragged and the barrel swap is necessary.

15. lizard84

Translation, swap the barrel out for a lonewolf or a KKm

16. Timothy Landon

Timothy Landon Well-Known Member

Barrel swaps and fucking with springs and guide rods is a waste of money on Glocks. But it's your money and you know the guys on website forums are experts right?

Steeltoe and DucatiBomber like this.
  17. lizard84

Pups got to learn to stay on the porch if they’re complaining about spending money on consumables, be they motorcycle tyres or a SS guide rod/spring rod for some Underwood ammo.

Excuse me while I clean my Nighthawk, I was at Reload yesterday.

18. Timothy Landon

Timothy Landon Well-Known Member

I can hit the target just as well with a $300 Taurus 1911 as you can with a $3000 or more Nighthawk. And buy ammo for it for a long time with the extra doe rae me.

DucatiBomber likes this.
  19. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

You do realize that you just negated your own comment?:D

sanee likes this.
  20. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Sale at the local gun store had me spending $355 for an ATI 1911 .45 GI.
    I was amazed and impressed at how well it shoots and the crispy trigger.. ended up running a box of ball ammo thru it.. for a new truck gun it gets an A+

Triple X likes this.