1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I know, I know...but DAMN

Discussion in 'General' started by (diet)DrThunder, Jun 3, 2009.

1. (diet)DrThunder

(diet)DrThunder Why so serious, son?

Did you guys watch WSS yesterday? Holy wartknockers, Shaheen is f@*king TERRIBLE! That was a new low in race commentary. Russell actually saved the thing from being totally unwatchable. How is it possible that he has that job and Drebber doesn't? Or Greg White? Or that guy down by the Jack In The Box with underwear on his head?

He actually said stuff like "there they, umm... [pause] ...go... [pause] ...into the...corner...er..." while obviously fumbling for something to say while he tried in vain to figure out who anyone is.

Jesus that was horrible. Why does he have that job? If I was that bad at my job I'd have been fired years ago. I mean, I'm sure he's a nice guy...nothing against him personally. It was so bad that for the first time this year, I just fast forwarded through the race to the last couple laps and just watched that.

2. ckruzel

ckruzel Graphicologist Xtremeist

well when he leaves speed he could always take up weather forecasting

3. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

his pronunciation of the riders names got a bit better as the broadcast went on at least..:rolleyes:

4. joec

joec brace yourself

the last lap was awesome!

5. Actually, during the WSBK race...I was waiting for some commotion to come through the speakers of my TV indicating Scott breaking out a can of whoop ass for interrupting him time and time again. :D

6. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

I was thinking the same thing. I'm not usually on board with the "Hate everything Speed does" crew (not saying you are, DDT), so I have tried to be open minded, but that was terrible. I was half-watching it in the garage last night while doing a couple tire changes, so I was mostly listening. I thought to myself more than once "Man, Sheehan is butchering this thing".

Only bright spot was Ru$$ell. He's really improving quickly, IMO.

7. BarryG

BarryG Well-Known Member

What I don't get is, Speed makes the announcement that 'we've listened to your opinions and due to public demand' (or words to that effect) they're bringing back same day AMA/DMG race broadcasts.

WELL, what about listening to public opinion of their effin' no hoper effin' announcers???!!!!!

We still have to look forward to Laguna Seca and Indy being ruined by these incompetents. Oh, joy.

Cheers
    Barry

8. dasnd12

dasnd12 Well-Known Member

ok Saheen was / is terrible...

but you have to admit the race was awesome!!

9. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

ahhhhhh......i love getting the Eurosport feed off of the internet. flag to flag, no commercials, and no idiot american announcers.

And yea, it was a HELL of a race, i bout fell off the sofa watching that last lap! :eek:

10. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

Damn, can't fix everything at once. Be patient. ;)

11. Dyle

Dyle Glad its a new year!!

Arggg that last lap. I didnt think suflugalu as Shaheen kept calling him had it in him to take the victory away from Laverty. I was pulling for Lav the whole race and thinking as long as he keeps Carl behind him it was over. And wam the corner Laverty was best in was the corner he got beat in. Great race. Was much better on the internet the 2nd time around that speed.
    But hey at least we will get same day feeds of the AMA now!!!!

12. GAMBLER

GAMBLER Neard supporter

I think Russell dips, cause I can't understand what the hell he's saying

lot's of dead air

let Mladn have a go, bet he would spice it up

13. dasnd12

dasnd12 Well-Known Member

I like how Laverty blamed himself and not Sofuoglu for them getting together on that pass. That makes Laverty alright in my book....

14. Sevenfiddy

Sevenfiddy Well-Known Member

I love watching Laverty and Crutchlow go at it every race. Hope is goes to the wire this season. Laverty doesn't seem to let anything or anyone get to him too much. I would have totally understood if he was shouting expletives after the race. I think he just likes to let his racing speak for him. I'm sure he'll pay Sofa Glue back the favor later in the season. And Crutch is awesome too. Aggressive racer, but not dirty. I'd like to see him on a SBK soon. Sofa Glue's pass was very aggressive, but I think it was fair game for WSS. The only thing that bugs me is that if the roles were reversed, he'd be crying and whining about the pass.

15. John29

John29 Road racing since 1973

I like Scott Russell as a color commentator, he's making an effort, along with Leigh Diffey calling the race and Greg White on pit lane. That's about the best combo we've had lately. A lot more insight into the racing than has been presented in the past, way past the "tire management" mantra we used to get all the time.

16. caferace

caferace No.

To be fair, they did replace Freddie when we were all bitching about that.

Eugene had no problem with the pass that day, though he watched the race today back home (Eurosport UK FTW) and had a small change of heart. :)

-jim

Last edited: Jun 3, 2009
  17. Otis

Otis Well-Known Member

When he use to do nascrap races he sucked and still does. I just tuned him out and watched the race.

He got pissed one day when he was doing Nascar about something and started name dropping on the air about who he knew, then he was gone. :D

18. (diet)DrThunder

(diet)DrThunder Why so serious, son?

+1 ...doing a great job, and I have a feeling he'd get way better with more time. He seems like a natural at it, saying stuff that's mostly interesting. I still think that if they gave Greg the play-by-play job and let him mature at it he's be great.

19. Nah...if you have been around him at all you can understand him! Scott's a cool guy!:up: I asked my wife if she recognized the voice. "Is that Scott Russel", yup it is!:up: :D It is a great change and I hope he sticks with it!:up::rock:

20. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Was just going to say that. Leigh Diffey is great. :up: