1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I just don't get it?

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Captain Morgan, May 11, 2018.

1. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

So spent the last week in Guatemala, the only cable channel in English was cnn. I try to stay away from politics but was bored. It's kind of crazy how every person and guest is one sided. Like they might have to sign a contract to never say anything positive about trump. Back in Belize now with more cable, and Fox is just as bad, only positive. I just don't get how you can have the 2 biggest news channels in the US talking about the same thing and have "experts" on both sides saying the opposite of what should be a very clear thing

2. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Big money in controversy.

Ever see professional wrestling? ;)

3. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

yeah,yeah,yeah....we know......USA sucks....right?:D

badmoon692008 likes this.
  4. Captain Morgan

LOL, when I left the states in 2005, I always said politics are a day time soap opera for old white men. Trump has stirred things up, in a good way as far as I'm concerned. He has balls and not of the business of kissing ass like most politicians.

K51000 likes this.
  5. Captain Morgan

I love the landscape and people. Just not the rules and laws

6. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Who knew that the advent of 24hour 'news' channels would so swiftly lead to the least informed society in American history?

K51000, Banditracer and R Acree like this.
  7. G 97

G 97 Garth

You need to pay closer attention. Shepard Smith on Fox News is far from positive about Trump. In fact he’s pretty critical and anti Trump more than positive.

K51000 likes this.
  8. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Truth is there's no more news today than there was 50 years ago. SO, you have to dress it up every which way and repeat it about 100 times just to fill the space. BORING.

auminer, R Acree and David-imoddavid like this.
  9. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

And pander to a subset to maintain ratings. Never forget about the ratings.

10. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

It's called the news cycle and it must be fed 24/7. Doesn't matter if the fodder is legit or not.

NOTE: the USA sucks! and so does marriage!

11. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Yawn. It's that time of the month when a beach bum finds an internet connection and bitches about grown ups.

12. weber#465

weber#465 mud fight

The ex wife left me and our kids ~ 25 years ago and I killed network TV about the same time. After the DTs, life has been a lot better.

13. Phl218

Phl218 .

Politics is the entertainment branch of government

14. Captain Morgan

Yes, went cave tubing today, it was a good day, fresh clear water, going to sleep now

15. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Don’t watch that shit, it’ll rot your brain more than that rum you drink. I haven’t had cable for 7 years and don’t miss it a bit. Shit is retarded and a waste of money. It’s all bullshit and a bunch of morons talking about the same crap that doesn’t matter. Motofun is right. Nothing more is going on now than 50 years ago, all this news is just bread and circuses for the masses.

Phl218 likes this.
  16. Captain Morgan

I'll good just don't get it. Going diving in belize tomorrow, just dumb irresponsible shit

17. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Buddy of mine is down there right now. Look for a roundish pasty fella, tell him D'ern sent you to pour rum drinks down his neck. :D

18. Phl218

Phl218 .

Tv’s in hotel breakfast rooms irritate the shit outta me.

Can’t walk out there fast enough

TurboBlew likes this.
  19. Captain Morgan

Don't really eat breakfast. But stuffed jacks/fry jacks have made a sucker out of me this last month, like a proper beef patty. Going to write a crazy cookbook and stuff jacks will be in Belize

20. K51000

K51000 Well-Known Member

Yeah, 'cept he's a libtard hack, probably gay too, not that there's anything wrong with that...