1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I finally got my bike

Discussion in 'General' started by In Your Corner, Jun 24, 2018.

1. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Not quite what I set out to get.

roll sport.png

2. Mot Okstef

Mot Okstef Scrolling all day long on RRW.com

Have you taken it over any sweet jumps yet? :D

BigBird, ToofPic, sharkattack and 3 others like this.
  3. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Well-Known Member

Looks like a nice ride. Had any time on it yet?

4. In Your Corner

I got it this afternoon and it was raining when we got home (like Florida rain) but I got out a little before 8 PM and rode it about 7 miles. I was really glad I went for 21 gears, I almost got 7 but it was only $90 more for 21 with a heavier frame and disk brakes.
    I loved riding it, I'm going to be putting a lot of miles on it. I've been walking for exercise but this is so much better.
    My legs are too messed-up to run but I can pedal fast enough that I'm getting aerobic exercise, it's working a lot more leg muscles and it's actually less impact on my feet, which usually hurt like hell by the time I finish walking 4 or 5 miles.

5. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

That's a good bike for someone of your er... distinction. :D Seriously it looks comfy and a nice build. I dig it.

6. In Your Corner

That baby is going to get me down to 230 by Christmas (from 295 now).

7. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

I'm doing La Jolla to San Clemente on Thursday. Roughly 50 miles. Drinkin ' a bunch of beer, taking the train back to San Diego....eatin a steak and passing out at ma gurlfriends.

Last time I rode a bike, she was leaving for Ireland the next morning

MachineR1 likes this.
  8. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Is it a race or just for fun? If it were on the weekend I would come down and meet you and eat.

Some great food in San Clemente, that's where I first lived when I moved to California.

Fisherman's on the pier has good clam chowder and fisherman's chowder, plus the view of th ocean is amazing. There is also a really good drive up or sit outside Mexican restaurant off PCH, called Pedro's Tacos. My surfer roommates taught me about it. I always get the burrito with everything....its big I only need one.

Pedro's tacos
    550 N El Camino Real
    San Clemente, CA 92672

South of Nicks is a really good higher end Mexican restuarant. Just searched and it is rated #1 in San Clemente.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2018
  9. condon66

condon66 Member well known

If you're going to ride it a good amount you definitely should look into clipless pedals. Then you can power through the entire rotation instead of just pushing on the down-stroke. They make climbing so much easier. And it makes your legs feel great using clipless. Seriously, you gotta have 'em.

10. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

They might not be the best idea at IYC’s level of fitness

11. condon66

condon66 Member well known

Naaaahhh...he can do it! Throw them on and adapt, IYC!

12. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

:stupid:

You also may wanna invest a pair, or two, of bib shorts. You can wear them under your normal clothing. I’m recommending the Bib shorts so that your not selling crack or possibly incurring a skin charge on the trail or area that you ride. The shorts will add comfort to your ride.

13. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Avast ye me mateys, fat f@ck off the port bow. Load the harpoons and shoot for the belly, it is full of the blubber.

Neat bike but you should have gone for the disks.

14. jim weaver

jim weaver Well-Known Member

i belive it has disk brakes

15. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Yeah, you're right. I misread it where he said he paid the extra. I thought he said he didn't.

16. SundaySocial

SundaySocial Blue & Gold

Last edited: Jun 25, 2018
    pscook likes this.
  17. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

Nice Video :D

18. L8RSK8R

Just for fun Rob.
    I'm way outta shape,174lbs @ 5' 5 " & 1/4. Still wearing 30x30 jeans and arm wrestling anyone (and winning)
    I'm challenging myshelf.
    I'd like to lean out and lose 15/20lbs.

If I feel good at San Clemente, I'll ride on to Long Beach and bring you a Pedro's burrito :)

Boman Forklift likes this.
  19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

On the burrito note, how is it I keep getting stuck going to the BBQ joint at Buttonwillow and there isn't a good Mexican sit down restaurant there? I was just thinking about dinner Saturday and now I'm depressed :(

20. L8RSK8R

Willow Ranch BBQ? It's aiight.

Mongo's Gigante Burritos...coming soon.