1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hurricanes, never saw it coming with radar and wifi!

Discussion in 'General' started by Captain Morgan, Aug 28, 2017.

1. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

Coming back to the states it amazing with the news, shootings, weather, diseases, crazy problems. Nothing ever changes. Glad to be back on the track, seems like a safe place in the western white world. Compared to all the other dangers! I'll be on my boat and pm I'm me if you are at a fl track! Really not sure where to began about harvy, but if a big storm is coming in a direct path of you it will be windy and rainy. Is this a surprise, been here less than a week and already losing my shit

Phl218 likes this.
  2. inpayne

inpayne Well-Known Member

Not sure anyone expected it would just sit around and dump rain indefinitely.

3. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

It was on the news.

4. Captain Morgan

Texas is clay, it does't soak up rain water. I'm not from there and know that

5. Fencer

Fencer Well-Known Member

A repeat of Katrina and New Orleans.
    We stayed, new it was on the way,save us since we stayed...

Is it looting time yet?

6. Captain Morgan

Katrina was different. Sea level issues and a major levy failed. Completly different than forecasted rain 4 days ahead of time

7. Big T

Big T Well-Known Member

Yeah, move 6.5 million people out of town in 4 days. They tried that back before Rita and it was a disaster in itself.

Where do you propose those 6.5 million people should have traveled to? How would they be housed and fed?

Can they all come to your house?

8. In Your Corner

Friends, relatives, hotels, restaurants, etc.
    It sure as hell doesn't make sense to stay there and then cry for help.

9. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Nevermind the whole building a coastal city below sea level. Idiots.

10. In Your Corner

Katrina was forecast also.
    People just don't want to leave.
    Couple that with lame people in charge and people die.
    Katrina was as much a man-made disaster as it was a natural disaster.

11. Captain Morgan

Still raining

Icf
    I grew up in sofl and spent the last 12 years in the Caribbean and South Pacific, hurricanes/ typhoons are a normal thing. They suck but you have every opportunity to be prepared. People in the states like to make excuses

12. condon66

condon66 Member well known

I'm sure people who have lost everything, including loved ones, appreciate your caring, considerate words. Too bad they can't have you there telling all 6.5 million of them how to act and what to do. Think of how many lives you could have saved.

Odilup likes this.
  13. Captain Morgan

the thing is on an island when a real storm hits you can go a month with out power, cable or internet, and there is nowhere to evacuate to. You survive and don't make excuses and have a gofund me page. Good luck to all the 6.5 million people.

14. condon66

condon66 Member well known

I'm betting that good, hard-working productive people, who contribute to society and do a good job raising their kids, aren't worried about any of the three things you listed when everything they ever worked for, and their children's home, is totally submerged.

15. Captain Morgan

Isn't that the reason all of you responsible productive guys pay a ridiculous amount of insurance every year? To protect yourself from things you can't control?

16. DWhyte91

DWhyte91 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Wheel Bearing and jonathanp like this.
  17. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

I'm just a spectator here but this thread is getting dundeony. Yall dancing around topics that can't be adquetuely adressed in general but :rock:.

18. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

LMFAO. I'm just gonna let you think about this a while.

I'm not gonna argue here but instead just LOL

19. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Meh...in 12 years no one could come up with a plan other than "we can't"?

jonathanp likes this.
  20. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Natural disaster made worse by human stupidity.