1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hurricane Sally

Discussion in 'General' started by nigel smith, Sep 14, 2020.

1. omatter34

omatter34 Well-Known Member

I'm not going up to work this storm, but if anyone has any questions about claims please feel free to reach out. Happy to help in any way that I can.

Edit: I'm a licensed public adjuster so I work with home and business owners to represent them throughout the claims process.

t11ravis likes this.
  2. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Almost got 0.1" of rain here, I was panicking as the ark is behind schedule....

Reality is I wanted some rain to test the flow in the 'repaired' ditch the utility guys screwed up. So of course I got enough to make the grass moist and that was it.

3. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Woo-hoo just got power back on in the middle of the night.

4. Lawdog78

Lawdog78 Well-Known Member

Just got power back this afternoon here. I'd like to thank Yamaha generators, JIF peanut butter & smuckers grape jelly, bud light and all the linemen/power crews for getting by on this one!

5. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

is her #8675309? :)

scottn and omatter34 like this.
  6. BC

BC Well-Known Member

I did 18 days no power after francis and jeanne.

Finally shut off the Genny and all you could hear were tarps flapping in the wind. Very eary.

Don't wish that shit on anyone.

7. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

8. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

I'm back. Just got electricity but still no internet, so I'm checking in on my not so smart phone. I had an ancient live oak uprooted, which I'm pretty mad about, but at least it didn't fall on the house. Other than that, no harm done. Anyone want to come over and saw up a six foot diameter log for me?

9. Robby-Bobby

10. Robby-Bobby

11. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Mill it and make furniture.

12. Rico888

Rico888 Well-Known Member

^^^yep^^^

Have some local guy with a sawbuck or any portable mill come in and mill up live edge slabs out of that tree.
    Offer to split the footage with him in lieu of payment for milling services.
    Live edge slabs are expensive these days...
    2D04483A-3AC2-4587-B114-21CF1A869CAC.jpeg

E02D439F-EB7C-44F6-87EB-14D10C47227A.jpeg

Last edited: Sep 24, 2020
    kangasj and YamahaRick like this.
  13. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

Blue angels flying all around town this morning as a thank you to the hurricane cleanup people.

155E6D56-0AD4-423F-B5ED-E94A3C54E046.jpeg

kangasj, YamahaRick, AC1108 and 3 others like this.