1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hurricane Florence

Discussion in 'General' started by RossK6, Sep 9, 2018.

1. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Speaking from experience if you are in the path start calling roofers now.

1yr after Irma and imI still waiting on roofers

black knight likes this.
  2. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

This is our Boston weatherman. He is also LRRS #938. He had three days off from Sunday to Tuesday but a higher up freaked out about the "impending storm in our area" and told him he was going to be on the air last night at 11:00. Depending on how we were going on our schedule, he was going to miss his last race at Loudon and he definitely was a no show for Whiskey Hill today. Not a big deal for today, we're just getting hit with the last remnants of Isaac. Loudon was nice and dry last weekend while NJMP was wet.

[​IMG]

3. K51000

K51000 Well-Known Member

OK, Todays Monday, and the eye wall arrives Thursday? And things are already sold out?
    Kudos to the MSM for showing the aftermaths of Hurricanes in TX and LA.
    When I was in TX, you basically got out the day before.
    And how about all those under sea level in LA., that didn't and when Katrina's rains broke the sea wall in New Orleans? What a f-up.
    I've been thru some hurricanes in TX, and was 'locked in' an ER providing care that was open to ambulances only when Ike came thru.
    After Ike came thru Houston, it was like a nuclear bomb hit, and plenty of mulch to be had from all the downed trees, fences, buildings, etc.
    I've been thru some Smaller 'canes too in TX.

I'm glad peeps are heeding the warnings, etc.

4. Jed

Jed mellifluous

With Virginia Plates.

5. The hurricane itself won’t affect us this far inland, but I’m worried about the spinoff tornadoes.

When hurricanes hit the east coast, we might get 5-10 tornadoes.

One time one of them touched down 5 miles away and me and Caesar got in the bathtub.

I had full riding gear on head to toe (includinv my helmet). Then I put a Knox chest/back protective vest and some Knox shorts on Caesar. Once I got him relaxed and laid down, I took 2 pairs of Knox Handroid gloves and put them on his feet.

I should have taken a picture of him but was more worried about keeping him calm and laying down below the top of the tub.

6. BTW, that is something to consider for anyone in the path (or the path of possible tornadoes). Grab a bunch of riding gear for the family and stash it in the innermost/secured room.

Knotcher likes this.
  7. Jed

Jed mellifluous

G Dawg likes this.
  8. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

My God those people.

9. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Actually it is a high pressure ridge located NE of the storm and a developing ridge over the Great Lakes that are acting like a roof and will prevent the storm from recurving and heading poleward, so it will sit and spin down over NC/SC with all that rain.

10. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

How many visors did you go through?

11. BigBird

BigBird blah

o_O

12. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

It's all good
    He's got special tornado visors

13. PMooney Jr.

PMooney Jr. Chasing the Old Man

Pretty common, bike shops down here always sell riding gear before a hurricane.

14. PMooney Jr.

PMooney Jr. Chasing the Old Man

Hoping for the best, stay safe everyone.

15. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

TURBO VISOR AD.jpg

Mot Okstef likes this.
  16. R Acree

R Acree Banned

It has to work. It was tested by experts.

Robin172 likes this.
  17. Jed

Jed mellifluous

In high school the joke was if you drove down to Nags Head with boards on the roof and Virginia plates it was considered probable cause by the police to pull you over.

18. CBRGriff

CBRGriff Well-Known Member

That webcam will be pretty damn close to a direct hit! Yikes!

kangasj likes this.
  19. K51000

K51000 Well-Known Member

I was watching the surfers this morning some on that link. Some head high waves, saw a few good rides. I've surfer some. When I moved from TX, I gave my surfboard to a friend with a special needs and blind son to play on at the beach. Kinda wish I'd kept it for when Lake Michigan gets some good surf. Oh well, ya can't do everything all the time.

20. njracer

njracer Well-Known Member

What if the car had NJ plates and boards on the roof? ;-)