1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hurricane Florence

Discussion in 'General' started by RossK6, Sep 9, 2018.

1. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

2. Shit I just thought about something.

I remember when we went to D&D to pick up the Panigale and take it to Livengood, we tried to stop at a hotel multiple times and couldn’t find a single open room anywhere in a 400mi radius.

We ended up driving all the way to Brian’s shop, got there at 3am, and took a nap till he came in. People were evacuating and there wasn’t shit anywhere.

I didn’t plan on making a hotel reservation for Thur night, I was just gonna ride till I got tired. But I might better make a reservation so I know I can get a room.

3. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

In 1992 i bought a brand new FZR 600 in Rome, GA (NW of ATL, $4299 BTW). I was stationed in Ft Bragg, NC. As I was driving it back, ATL>I20>I95 to Fayetteville. There was the remnant of a tropical storm near the SC/NC coast. I had to stop in Florence, SC and get a room. I was being blown across 1-2 lanes of the highway with the gusts. I was in a permanent lean to the right to stay straight thanks to the wind. Fortunately there werent a lot of people on the highway, due to the aforementioned storm.

So you can ride thru but the wind really makes it a B^*(H.

Have fun.

Gorilla George likes this.
  4. Ive ridden through multiple storms that were so bad cars were pulled over on the side of the road, stopped beneath underpasses, etc.

I just keep going. To me it is part of the adventure. I know all about the “permanent lean”. :D

I always put valuable, electronics, etc inside ziplock bags in the luggage.

5. BC

BC Well-Known Member

If this thing veers left and hits south/central florida I am fucked fucked fucked.

6. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

7. BC

BC Well-Known Member

So you are saying there's a 50/50 chance?

turbulence and omatter34 like this.
  8. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Don't worry, the season is just warming up. :D

9. BC

BC Well-Known Member

I can make a map too, Cracker.

Metalhead likes this.
  10. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

11. Fuck it. I made a hotel reservation just to be on the safe side. It would suckass to be stranded 400 miles from home with no hotels available and not even in a car to take a nap in.

12. mastermind

mastermind camping in turn 2....

I may leave for Tally a bit early this week...... :D

noles19 likes this.
  13. aaronson

aaronson Well-Known Member

14. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Lol. I just realized this is the perfect name for a hurricane thats hitting the south...

[​IMG]

stay safe ya'll

scottn likes this.
  15. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

16. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Yes it is, I have it going quite often.

17. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

good luck guys... as far as i can tell, this was only ruining my plans to ride DH at Bryce next weekend. hopefully your houses stay up.

18. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

19. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Hmm...looks like rain for the end of the week here. Bummer.

20. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

But it would be an adventure!