1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HP needed for F4i?

Discussion in 'Tech' started by repars, Mar 7, 2004.

1. repars

repars Active Member

Guys-

Question, I need some more horse power for my F4i. I'm wondering if I should switch to VP MR9, and an aftermarket airfilter? Will these yield any actual horsepower, how much can I expect.

Thanks
    John

2. C.Joy

C.Joy Well-Known Member

I'll save someone else the trouble. Buy a GSXR:D Its kinda like what we talked about earlier this week. When you get that shock you'll be suprised at the difference. By adding some ride height you change the swingarm angle. This allows you to get on the gas earlier w/o running wide at corner exit. I'll talk with you later this week and give you some of the numbers that I've got for ride height and fork height. Talk with you later.

C.Joy
    623nv

3. GSXR600

GSXR600 Well-Known Member

We were able to stuff a few mm's of shim on the stock upper shock mount on my buddies show. We used a thinner locking nut with some locktight and its been fine for 2 race seasons now.

Its my friends bike but he said it did make a world of difference. I think he added between 4-6mm of washer thickness.

About that fuel, i think the norm is give or take 5hp or so if tuned for it.