1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Howza 'bout a 2019 WSBK Silly Season Thread...

Discussion in 'General' started by Steady T, Jul 17, 2018.

1. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

LCQ for the SS300 class! Cool.

2. rcarson15

rcarson15 Well-Known Member

WorldSBK scheduled for Laguna same weekend as MA

3. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

Odilup likes this.
  4. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

You don’t get to be world superbike champion unless you have some serious skills. Sykes took that turd of a bike and made it into a winner and then Rea came in and stomped all over his ego. Sometimes a fresh start on a potentially competitive bike will do wonders. I look for Sykes to be very motivated to win races this year.

5. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

I'm just hoping Laverty doesn't get stuck with a turd of leftovers from Bologna

6. jonathanp

jonathanp Tech drop out

Sykes is not on the time sheet, but the one MotoGP bike does not look to fast.

http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/world-superbike-alex-lowes-fastest-on-opening-day-of-jerez-test/

7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Bradl? I doubt he's there to do much than churn through new parts and settings for Raper face and Marquez.
    Not like setting fast times or winning in testing gets him anything.

8. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

And those new Ducati's aren't looking as hot as many (including me) anticipated. Although..... we talkin bout practice.

418 likes this.
  9. sharky nrk

sharky nrk Rubber Side Up

Lets see the next bit of times, they had pretty limited track time vs planned and it was on a really cold and dirty track. I look to see if things change up today. Also scoffed at Bradl a little at first but then remembered this Jerez (one of the closer tracks between the two) and the FatMan tires tend to suck even more in the cold then the Eyetalian buns.

10. HPPT

HPPT !!!

418, younglion and rcarson15 like this.
  11. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

Pretty sure Bradl was just assessing an assortment of parts. He ended Thursday fastest just ahead of Rea

12. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

13. 418

418 Expert #59

Chaz nowhere.

Rea is just going to keep kicking their ass.

14. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Chaz has a messed up back.

15. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

The SMR BMW colors and leathers look cool but a surprising lack of sponsor stickers.

16. 2blueYam

Bowling ball will certainly give him a run at certain tracks. Others will hit the sweet spot at certain tracks as well. There will be plenty of good racing.
    If you only watch races to see who wins the championship, I feel sorry for you, but don't bother tuning in to WSBK, but do make sure you watch WSS300.

17. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Shouldn't the Greatest Motorcycle Ever Made be filling all the top spots?

18. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

Where are the "factory" Hondas??

19. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

F@ckin' impossible. The 1986 GSXR750 is a bit too long in the tooth and I think Dorna banned it from being raced in WSBK anymore because is is so awesome.

20. 2blueYam

Since Ten Kate is out, maybe the new team doesn't have the bikes ready yet. All the better that Jake and PJ are not going to be on the Honda's in WSBK this year. If they are already missing testing, that isn't a good sign.