1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How/where do I donate to the Airfence fund?

Discussion in 'General' started by SpeedyTide, Aug 8, 2016.

1. SpeedyTide

SpeedyTide 'Bama's Bad Boy

Thanks!

2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

3. SpeedyTide

Awesome!! Thanks Papa!!

4. mpusch

mpusch Well-Known Member

I tried to donate about two weeks ago through that site. Got to the confirmation page thanking me for the contribution, but never got an email receipt of it. Just looked at my credit card statement, never even pulled.

5. SpeedyTide

Wow! Didn't realize how much had been donated!

I just donated, and saw this, so I copied/pasted: Road Race Contributions Totaling $1,228,966.06 as of December 31, 2014

Wonder what it's up to now?

6. mpusch

mpusch Well-Known Member

Did you get a receipt?

7. SpeedyTide

Yeah, I just donated, and the confirmation (with no #) screen was blank. I figured I'd get an email, so after reading your post, I'll pay attention that that, and my CC statement.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    DONATION CONFIRMATION

Thank you for using our on-line donation form.

Your contribution is tax deductible under Section 501 (c) 3.[​IMG][​IMG]
    Site donated by Echo Alley | Hosting donated by TechMeridian

Last edited: Aug 8, 2016
  8. SpeedyTide

Negative.

9. John29

John29 Road racing since 1973

Turns out there's something wrong with the Roadracing World Action Fund (RWAF) website. Geeks are working on it now. You can get more info and/or questions answered, or you can make a donation, by calling the office at 951-245-6411 between 9-5 California time and talking to a human.

Sorry for this technical problem. We didn't know it was happening until we saw this thread, and apparently it's been screwed up for a while without us getting any notification!

And yeah, we've raised a lot of money, and deployed a lot of Airfence and Alpina-brand soft barriers. If you go someplace and see it deployed, the chances are very good that we had something to do with it. Beyond that, our starting the RWAF helped change the way rider safety was looked at in this country, and made safety measures like deploying soft barriers normal and even expected.

RWAF business costs have been subsidized by Roadracing World magazine so the donations can go toward getting, deploying, maintaining and fixing actual soft barriers. So not only have people and companies who made tax-deductible donations helped us save the lives of riders--and reduce injuries to other riders--everybody who buys and reads Roadracing World or advertises in Roadracing World has had a part in this. I thank you all, and so do future crashers who benefit from soft barriers being in place!

John Ulrich
    Founder & President
    Roadracing World Action Fund, Inc.
    (951) 245-6411

tawzx12r, ungwaha, SpeedyTide and 6 others like this.
  10. John29

John29 Road racing since 1973

Or you can e-mail [email protected]

If you have a problem sorting anything out, ask for me or leave a message and I will make sure it gets handled.

SpeedyTide likes this.
  11. mpusch

mpusch Well-Known Member

Glad this thread came around. I'll give it round two in a bit then.

Thanks for everything John :beer:

12. Miguel812

Miguel812 Active Member

Wow I've doing trackdays for like 4 years now and this is the first I've ever heard about this. So much awesomeness!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That's sad.

This thread does remind me it's been a while since we've done a fund raiser. Need to get the stuff at Road Atlanta checked out and fixed where needed as well as buy more. It'd be nice to get some at Grattan, Summit could use more too I'm sure. Wouldn't mind replacing some of the just in case haybales at PIRC too now I think about it.

John29 and mpusch like this.
  14. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Also don't forget Amazon Smile as a way to donate also.
    I wish there was a way to see how much they actually donate.

Gorilla George and John29 like this.
  15. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

I just switched our Amazon account over to Smile / RRW AFF. I thought I saw it was .5 a % was donated.

Miguel812, John29 and G Dawg like this.
  16. Amazon Smile is great, I didn't even know about it until a few weeks ago. Looked last year and we spent 6k on Amazon.

John29 likes this.
  17. It might not seem like much, but thats $50 of every $1000 spent. It will add up. I made a post about it on Facebook last week and it got almost 30 shares, so it reached tens of thousands of people.

Even if just 1/4 of those people swapped over to smile.amazon and setup RRWAF as their charity of choice, it could generate tens of thousands over time.

I have a friend that wouldn't be here today if it weren't for AirFence.

John29 and G Dawg like this.
  18. Maximumjeff

Maximumjeff Well-Known Member

John, thank you so much. The Action Fund has saved more lives than we'll ever know.

John29, beac83 and Gorilla George like this.
  19. SpeedyTide

Thanks John!

I'll call and donate later since I'm on the East coast. :)

Last edited: Aug 9, 2016
    John29 likes this.
  20. mpusch

mpusch Well-Known Member

I'm glad people brought up amazon smile too. Didn't really know how that worked... Search "roadracing" and it's right there.

John29 likes this.